Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Roxy Music - September 12, 2022 Madison Square Garden- NYC

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Roxy Music - September 12, 2022 Madison Square Garden- NYC

Postby schwenko » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:59 am

When this concert was first announced I was very interested, having only seen Brian Ferry in concert (August 2019) previously, but then I saw the ticket prices. Outrageous, $300-400 for nosebleed seats! More for good seats ($1000). I was ready to pass.
But the night of the concert, after work, I was headed to the city to see a free lecture/discussion about the Velvet Underground when I checked my phone and saw a message from Frau_Blucher telling me that Ebbhead had 2 tickets he couldn't use that night. To make a long story short, I suddenly had 2 tickets which cost a mere pittance, with Wifey in tow.

I confess I am not well-versed in early RM, other than a few "hits" (Virginia Plain, Love is the Drug, Ladytron), and much more familiar and preferring the latter half of their career (Manifesto, Flesh and Blood, Avalon). Turns out there was a pretty equal split of material, so I was very happy. Excellent sound as well. And of course no Brain Eno.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roxy-mus ... 0c637.html

Starting with the intro, India, early RM tracks were played, until song #6, Oh Yeah from F & B appeared. So lush!! Probably my favorite track of the night ( and was disappointed that the equally wonderful Over You, was not in the set).

Songs 9-16 were composed of a mother lode drawn mostly from F & B and Avalon. I was also disappointed that another spectacular F & B track, Same Old Scene seemed stripped down from the album version, but was still very good. However it was followed by a shimmering My Only Love, which then led to More Than This, Avalon, and Love Is the Drug!!

We stayed for the last song before the encore (Editions of You), then split to catch a late train home, half hearing Do the Strand, and missing Jealous Guy.

Catch them if you can; probalby will be your last chance
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Re: Roxy Music - September 12, 2022 Madison Square Garden- N

Postby Angel17 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:18 am

I enjoy reading that post. It is so interesting! cash for cars cambridge
Angel17
Switchin' to Glide

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews