Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Japan's TIN DRUM

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Re: Japan's TIN DRUM

Postby japjapo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 am

I found this post to be interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing this information, I was looking for it and enjoyed reading it.
Coloured Concrete Townsville
japjapo
Running Up That Hill

Postby japjapo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:52 pm

I am no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what you are speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Thanks! And Please also seek advice from my site.
Deck Builders Bendigo
japjapo
Running Up That Hill

Postby Marie143 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 am

Thanks for keeping your content always fresh and containing only the necessary info. That means a lot to a busy mom like me. drywall taping dallas txdrywall contractors
Last edited by Marie143 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie143
Take On Me

Postby anthonyscotte23 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:35 am

Thanks for always sharing here an interesting articles tree surgeon sunderland
anthonyscotte23
Running Up That Hill

Postby anthonyscotte23 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:37 am

I found this post to be interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing this information, I was looking for it and enjoyed reading it. mt vernon appliance service
anthonyscotte23
Running Up That Hill

Postby jamesgeller911 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Congratulations!

Greetings from- Concrete Contractors
jamesgeller911
Running Up That Hill

Postby AmberBrion » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:39 pm

Thanks for sharing the link, I've been looking for it. Cincinnati Painting Company
AmberBrion
Running Up That Hill

Postby KellyP » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:13 am

With Steve Jansen's innovative drumming and Mick Karn's fretless bass, I'd hardly call Tin Drum "new wave" or "synth pop" which seem silly categorizations if played back to back with any true "new wave/synth pop" title. That is, of course, even if the band had a real drummer and/or bass player.

stamped concrete tampa squirrel removal
KellyP
Running Up That Hill

Postby heatherbergh » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:29 am

I'd love to see this stuff in person. Looks good though. airbnb cleaning treasure island
heatherbergh
Running Up That Hill

Postby rubewrenn269 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Somebody necessarily assist to make critically articles I might state.

ndis smithfield
rubewrenn269
Running Up That Hill

Postby dotyhughes117 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:18 pm

That is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far?

Sutherland property tax accountant
dotyhughes117
Running Up That Hill

Postby danielhazlett927 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:29 am

That is quite marvelous. screen enclosures sarasota is the right service provider.
danielhazlett927
Running Up That Hill

Postby KateSharma » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:41 pm

"TIN DRUM" is the fifth and final studio album by the British band Japan. It was released in 1981 and marked a departure from the band's earlier sound, incorporating elements of traditional Japanese music and electronic music.

The album was a commercial and critical success, reaching the top 20 in the UK album charts and spawning hit singles such as "Ghosts" and "Visions of China". It is widely regarded as one of the band's best works, and has been influential on a number of subsequent artists.

Japan was formed in 1974 and consisted of David Sylvian (vocals, guitar), Mick Karn (bass guitar, saxophone), Steve Jansen (drums), Richard Barbieri (keyboards), and Rob Dean (guitar). The band's early sound was influenced by glam rock and punk, but they later developed a more art-pop style that incorporated elements of electronic music.

After "TIN DRUM", Japan disbanded in 1982, with Sylvian going on to a successful solo career and the other members pursuing various projects. The band's legacy, however, has continued, with their influence on a number of subsequent artists in various genres, including new wave, post-punk, and alternative rock. jet ski rental marco island
KateSharma
Running Up That Hill

Postby AmberBrion » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:07 pm

Thank you for the information. It appears that you are sharing that the album "Tin Drum" by the band Japan is celebrating its 30th anniversary. "Tin Drum" was the fifth and final studio album by the British band, Japan, released in November 1981. The album is known for its innovative sound that combined elements of new wave, post-punk, and traditional Japanese music. Realtors in Miami
AmberBrion
Running Up That Hill

Postby KellyP » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:11 am

Japan's masterpiece and swan's song, "Tin Drum" mix up New Wave with Japanese music and the result is remarkable: eight fascinating and enchanted songs that make you travel around the mystic country.
It's difficult to choose the highlights: if there had been eight albums and each of them had contained one song from this work, those albums could have been considered eight gems.

Duromax xp12000eh
KellyP
Running Up That Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews