Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

This will sound strange..

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

This will sound strange..

Postby Frayo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:08 pm

Is it OK for me to like nextwave?

I have been biased against it even though a lot of it is good music. This makes me sound like such a teenager (well....I am)...

but I was all about some freaking out-
cause a lot of people who are cliche and scene and annoying like these guys.... and Im scared.

Can I like these without having anything to do with them?

Basically if you say yeah...I will...cause I like the music. I just feel tainted because I have proudly worn the label of obscure new wave in that it consists of music from WAY back in the day before my Incept Date.

Damn me for seeing bladerunner so many times.

But I will always love the old stuff more...plus this stuff doesnt get released on vinyl that often...this new stuff is on CD and will never be as obscure as the tracks we eat for breakfast.

and well... I dont know.
Just tell me its cool to like it and that I wont be apart of the losers my age who pretend to like it simply because it appears to be a part of their stupid 'scene'.

I am so screwed up in the head.
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby hexicon » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Frayo, I probably should say something much more profound here, but like what you like, even if it's the musical equivalent of blue eyeshadow and white pumps (oh wait, I think those are in again!).

Kimiiii and I are not afraid to profess our love for W
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby ghosty » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:13 am

Not strange at all but listening and enjoying music...any kind of music...should be an intensely personal thing so I would'nt worry about what sort of "scene" is going on. In fact, I was unaware such a "scene" existed being stuck here in 80's Metal NY/NJ
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:54 am

Frayo: Like the others here have said, you don't need anyone's approval to like any particular type of music. You will like what you like.

Most of your peers are narrow-minded trend followers. This is just the way people are. The fact that you can b
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby n/a5 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:27 am

I too am a Next Wave convert and I must say I wish I had been turned on to it sooner. Like many I was recently (for the last several years) only listening to old stuff because the new stuff I heard wast shit. Then someone said wait listen to this...and
n/a5
The Jet Set

Postby Frayo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:40 am

You are right.

Thanks.

Im glad. I feel a lot better.

you know what?
I like Wham.
George Micheal was cool for a little while...before he went all softy.... he was cool when he was funky dance-pop.

And beginners guide to growing shapes by Saga
Frayo
Room at the Top

Return to Next Wave