Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Order rare track

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

New Order rare track

Postby t0rgo » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:49 am

Anyone have the original New Order song Confusion (not the Substance remixes) ?

All I can find are versions from Substance and Blade!

The version I want is the one that used to get serious airplay in the mid-eighties. It was a real song, of normal length and not instrumental.

Thanks.
t0rgo
Take On Me

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:01 pm

The closest I can come is the UK video version that Schwenko was kind enough to forward to me along with a huge stash of other rarities (thanks Schwenko - it's given me endless pleasure). It came out a couple of years before the '87 Substance version.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby t0rgo » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:05 pm

Sounds great, are you on "The Wave" sharing hub (dc++)?

I could grab that and the other files of which you were speaking. I have a bunch of stuff shared that you may want.

If not, we can arrange some e-mails or something.

Thanks!
t0rgo
Take On Me

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:17 pm

Been so busy, I've totally procrastinated about the hub. Send me an email: myirwin(at)comcast.net
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:15 am

I believe the original version is on Retro (New Order box set). If you can find it, it was also on the Tommy Boy release The Perfect Beats, Vol. 2.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:14 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by rewind[/i]
<br>I believe the original version is on Retro (New Order box set). If you can find it, it was a
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:17 pm

Well, guess I gotta go buy "Retro" to sit next to "Heart and Soul". Can't believe I haven't done it before. Is there a more logical or essential pairing?
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central