Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Soulseek

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Soulseek

Postby getyourbootson » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:42 am

I was wondering why more people don't use Soulseek. It's free. The only problem is, I can't seem to find a New Wave room. People have created every room imaginable, hundreds, but I can't figure out why there is no New Wave/80s room. It's really annoying.

I have created the room a couple times, but it's way at the bottom, since there is only one person and you have to scroll down for quite some time.

Anyway, I was thinking. If we can come up with a good name for a room, maybe more people can use Soulseek and share files there.

The link is: <a href="http://www.slsknet.org">www.slsknet.org</a>
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby oneno » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:35 am

I've been a user for quite a while and I give members of this board prefferencial treatment, however I've only hadone person take advantage of it. But I'd be willing to join the room.
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:20 am

hensoneno,
I've tried getting into your files but have failed. Can you give me privileges? username: lostbands

I gave you privileges to mine.

Thanks,
EA
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby oneno » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:49 am

Added you but always error out trying to retreive any of your files? you running a mac?
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:16 am

[quote]Originally posted by allen
[br]I was wondering why more people don't use Soulseek. It's free. <hr height="1" noshade id="quot
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:57 am

Yeah, I'm on a Mac. No need to worry about those pesky viruses and attacks.

You think that's why? I can browse other users but I have run into some that I can't like yourself.

Come to think of it I couldn't browse your files when I tried from my w
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby 1981baby » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:11 am

there's a new wave room i started nearly a year ago. because there's usally only half a dozen people in there you can't see it unless you refresh the rooms list and look sometimes or right click in the rooms area and click create room and then type "New W
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby getyourbootson » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:21 pm

OK
So far, I've never seen a room called New Wave, and I've looked through the list to the very bottom to rooms that only have 1 or 2 people in them.

I will use that name from now on "New Wave" and keep trying! If there's no room, I will create it. M
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central