Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Loaning a NWO member an LP?

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Loaning a NWO member an LP?

Postby manekineko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:01 am

How crazy does this sound?

Someone on this board wants a certain rare song but can't find it anywhere. I have the song on vinyl, but my turntable is broken, so I have no way to convert it to MP3. How crazy would I be to offer to loan the person my LP, by sending it through the mail, so he can make an MP3 from it (and email me the MP3 as well). Am I crazy to trust basically a stranger with one of my treasured rare LPs? I would be angry and heartbroken if I never got my album back. Plus, I don't want the album to get ruined in the mail. I want to do somebody here a favor, but I also don't want to get taken advantage of. (Edit: in case the person in question recognizes himself in this post, I'm not implying that he's not trustworthy. In fact, from what I've seen of his posts on NWO, he's probably a great person. I just want to protect myself.) Have any of you done anything like this?
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:06 am

I've never done it but there are quite a few people on the board I wouldn't hesitate to do it for. It would just depend on who it was I guess. We have a good group of people here and I'd be more concerned with the potential of loss or damage during shippi
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:29 am

[quote]Originally posted by manekineko
[br]How crazy does this sound?

Someone on this board wants a certain rare song but can't f
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Hondo » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:46 pm

Why no post and see if anyone else on NWO lives anywhere near you. See if they're willing to do the deed for you. If any of you are near Cincinnati, I'd be happy to do it. I just bought a new computer last month and got my turntable hooked into it. I
Hondo
Take On Me

Postby eight6 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:44 pm

Having received at least 250 lp's ep's and 7"ers in the mail, I can tell you my experience has been your record is as safe as the quality of the packaging.[i](I've had 2 records broken on delivery, both without FRAGILE written on them, go figure)[/i] Trus
eight6
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:31 pm

What's the song?
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby manekineko » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:04 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>[I've done it without any problems, but it is a judgement call you have to make. There's no
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby eight6 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:20 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by ekahob[/i]
<br>What's the song?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"
eight6
Room at the Top

Postby manekineko » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:30 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by ekahob[/i]
<br>What's the song?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:10 am

Re: mailing it to another NWO member. I'd do it; I trust you guys. Most everyone treasures music in any output, especially vinyl!! PLus it's good karma.

However, seeing as how it's on GEMM, and only $5, that might be a better, less costly option. Good
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby newwavepop » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:13 pm

i have about 10 songs on a couple albums and a couple singles and actually one on a video tape that i have wanted done forever and i dont have the equipment to do it and have considered the same thing.
i think not everyone maybe but a lot of the people o
newwavepop
Personal Jesus

Postby Hondo » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:20 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by manekineko[/i]
<br><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<
Hondo
Take On Me

Postby marie3 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:10 am

I would have no problem mailing an lp out to someone on these boards. I think everyone here is very passionate about this music and love to share as much of it as we can.[:)]
marie3
Der Kommissar

Postby manekineko » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:25 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Hondo[/i]
<br>Why no post and see if anyone else on NWO lives anywhere near you. See if they're willing to
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby manekineko » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:30 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Hondo[/i]
<br
What problem are you having with the turntable? I'm using the same Pioneer unit I've had sin
manekineko
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central