Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Something we HUB-bers need to discuss

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Something we HUB-bers need to discuss

Postby MARV » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:05 am

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/28/technol ... tm?cnn=yes

Does this make anyone nervous? Or is it just me.....[B)]
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:12 pm

It doesn't make me nervous so much as it makes my blood boil. If Grokster is to be held "accountable when users of their software download copyrighted movies and music", then shouldn't we hold [i]everybody[/i] in the chain responsible too? That would be
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby waukena » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:46 pm

These types of cases have enormous ramifications in the personal freedoms area. If I buy the new Green Day album and want to share it with my NWO friends, where will the law draw the line as to who I share it with and how I share it?
With p2p node netwo
waukena
Room at the Top

Postby eight6 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:30 am

Just my opinion, but I think the NWO hub is safe in that it is in effect, a closed system. There are a finite number of users and the material shared is of a low priority in terms of potential revenue loss to the labels. Sure, there may be a few "current"
eight6
Room at the Top

Postby siouxmoux » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:34 am

Grokster IS one of many P2P apps which is riddle with adware, malware, scumware, hijackware and *&^^$)_($%$#%ware!!! That I would not mind if these peer to peer networks would go down in flames. I Just wished the evil RIAA and MPAAs of the world would lea
siouxmoux
Personal Jesus

Postby Natephish » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:25 am

I've posted about this before. Whenever you download music, you run the risk of being caught for it. If you can't accept that, stop downloading music now. Having that in mind, the new wave hub is VERY secure. I give it constant attention, always findi
Natephish
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central