Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

REQ: Human League - Love Me Madly

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: REQ: Human League - Love Me Madly

Postby negative1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 am

Just bumping in this with news of the release of the deluxe edition.

Will wait for confirmation on this mix:

the full version is from vinyl: Love Me Madly? (Zenn Eternal Countdown Mix) 5:23

as mentioned above, the edit version is on the cd single.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Aevion93 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:09 am

Does anyone still have this one? Thanks!
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:44 pm

Aevion93 wrote:Does anyone still have this one? Thanks!

Just buy the remaster, its cheap and easy to find.
https://www.discogs.com/Human-League-Se ... e/11946154

or amazon.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Aevion93 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:17 pm

I was more asking because the single has the edit on it, which the remaster doesn't, but okay.
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:19 am

Aevion93 wrote:I was more asking because the single has the edit on it, which the remaster doesn't, but okay.

grab this
https://we.tl/t-CA45UBFPat
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Aevion93 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 am

Thank you so much!
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby vinyljunk » Sun May 24, 2020 4:03 am

Just seen this thread, can't believe how little Human League there is on here but hope some of you will find this interesting. At the beginning of March got a text from my friend who runs a local charity shop to say a load of bbc vinyl transcription discs had been donated, did I want them, £30 for the lot. Went on to pick them up, while there had a look through a box of cassettes that had come with them. See Human League Dare but cover not right pick it out to say 'that's a pirate, throw it in the bin' but something's not quite right. It's not in the right order. Open it up, definitely expecting tdk or sony cassette inside but again it's not, it's a generic grey cassette simply printed Human League Dare with the protective tabs intact.

It's dare alright but not as we know it (except for sound of the crowd, get carter and I am the law), others are vocally different as if they are rough mixes although only seconds which is played considerably faster and do or die appear to have any musical differences to the released product. So i'm guessing it's a rough mix, compiled after sound of the crowd was released as a single and before don't you want me was relegated to the end (it's in the middle on this). No it's not the demos that have circulated for years it's near finished product style.
vinyljunk
Running Up That Hill

Postby df118 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:59 pm

vinyljunk wrote:Just seen this thread, can't believe how little Human League there is on here but hope some of you will find this interesting. At the beginning of March got a text from my friend who runs a local charity shop to say a load of bbc vinyl transcription discs had been donated, did I want them, £30 for the lot. Went on to pick them up, while there had a look through a box of cassettes that had come with them. See Human League Dare but cover not right pick it out to say 'that's a pirate, throw it in the bin' but something's not quite right. It's not in the right order. Open it up, definitely expecting tdk or sony cassette inside but again it's not, it's a generic grey cassette simply printed Human League Dare with the protective tabs intact.

It's dare alright but not as we know it (except for sound of the crowd, get carter and I am the law), others are vocally different as if they are rough mixes although only seconds which is played considerably faster and do or die appear to have any musical differences to the released product. So i'm guessing it's a rough mix, compiled after sound of the crowd was released as a single and before don't you want me was relegated to the end (it's in the middle on this). No it's not the demos that have circulated for years it's near finished product style.

Can you record it to .wav files ? I can do it if you can't. We can then clean them up and share.
df118
Take On Me

Postby maccafan076 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:15 pm

Could these be the mixes found on The Making Of Dare title that's out there?
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby Docman427 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am

maccafan076 wrote:Could these be the mixes found on The Making Of Dare title that's out there?

the OP Already said they weren't those demos.
Docman427
Switchin' to Glide

Postby eddie » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:20 pm

They aren't those demos. Vinyljunk very kindly sent me a copy of the tape a few months ago. Interesting stuff.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:40 am

eddie wrote:They aren't those demos. Vinyljunk very kindly sent me a copy of the tape a few months ago. Interesting stuff.

Lucky one ;)
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:43 am

Docman427 wrote:
maccafan076 wrote:Could these be the mixes found on The Making Of Dare title that's out there?

Ignore him. it's an old trick to ask first...then request under another nick...here or another place (zinhof/guitar101/dime.....and so on)
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:43 am

AJWAVE wrote:
eddie wrote:They aren't those demos. Vinyljunk very kindly sent me a copy of the tape a few months ago. Interesting stuff.

Lucky one ;)

It's nothing compared to what's going through my headphones and audacity right now. :D
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Docman427 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:17 am

AJWAVE wrote:
Docman427 wrote:

Ignore him. it's an old trick to ask first...then request under another nick...here or another place (zinhof/guitar101/dime.....and so on)

yeah i know he was on bootlegzone forum with me and he did it all the time.
Docman427
Switchin' to Glide

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central