Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: Trees - Unreleased songs and mixes

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

SHARE: Trees - Unreleased songs and mixes

Postby Rubellan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:27 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Fri May 06, 2022 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: SHARE: Trees - Unreleased songs and mixes

Postby Rissan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:35 am

That's a pity Scott. I already was planning to send you an e-mail putting me on the pre-order list for the album.
But very kind to offer the stuff. Keep up the good work and hope to be able to order some new releases in the future.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby retromusic » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:37 am

Thanks, Scott.
Last edited by retromusic on Mon May 06, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:06 am

Thank you very much Scott for all the work you have put into your label. I know how frustrating it is to know that there are not only morons inside the record companies (universal/sony) who don't appreciate all the time and effort that you invested. Hope that this year despite the ups and downs you can keep rescuing 80's lost gems and maybe someday, the Visage Dance MIx Album get a proper CD release.

Thanks again
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Thefxc2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Thanks for these, and thanks of course for the Trees CD you were able to release, which is wonderful. Hopefully this 'bigger problem' goes away sometime so you can release this properly.
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Wed May 01, 2019 10:18 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Fri May 06, 2022 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby FanFan » Wed May 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Thanks very much for the downloads, Rubellan — and very sorry that your fine reissue label is also plagued by all kinds of weirdness. That's showbiz!
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Thu May 02, 2019 4:13 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Fri May 06, 2022 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Thu May 02, 2019 6:09 am

Good luck mate, I've been on the wrong end of people ruining a project and it's not fun.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 am

Not surprising considering the person in question was a big label hotshot for CBS [worldwide video and merchandising] and used to having a certain degree of control of other peoples projects all of the time. Sighs. Let's just be thankful then, for the miracle that was "Sleep Convention" on RR. It could have met the same fate. You're wise to keep your nose clean, play by the rules, and keep a low profile going forward. In most cases that would be the thing to do. Notify the artist after it hits market as a courtesy; if then.

On the other hand, I was wondering now that the material in question is unleashed into the wild, won't it point back to you if/when it propagates and DC catches wind of it? Could be uncool.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Fri May 03, 2019 9:26 am

postpunkmonk wrote:On the other hand, I was wondering now that the material in question is unleashed into the wild, won't it point back to you if/when it propagates and DC catches wind of it? Could be uncool.

The chances of that are easily slowed down by not putting it on youtube, soulseek and every two-bit forum on the internet.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 am

There's always much more to the story...
Last edited by Rubellan on Fri May 03, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby oldwaver2 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Though this is some really interesting reading for NWO, comments on the internet get around; but it seems like you already know that. By posting these kind of comments, you are burning your bridges and industry people are going to be reluctant to deal with you. To be real, most of NWO already know that you can be a difficult person to deal with and most "kiss your ass", because we want the CD releases. We will just have to see how this drama plays out. To paraphrase the fable of the scorpion and the frog, I guess it's just your nature.
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Fri May 03, 2019 7:22 pm

oldwaver2 wrote:Though this is some really interesting reading for NWO, comments on the internet get around; but it seems like you already know that. By posting these kind of comments, you are burning your bridges and industry people are going to be reluctant to deal with you. To be real, most of NWO already know that you can be a difficult person to deal with and most "kiss your ass", because we want the CD releases. We will just have to see how this drama plays out. To paraphrase the fable of the scorpion and the frog, I guess it's just your nature.

Don't you have a date with Barmy this evening?
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby oldwaver2 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:39 pm

We are our own worst enemy!
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central