Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-1989

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: My wish/proposal for an ABC boxset Neutron Years 1981-19

Postby eddie » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:36 am

Yeah he's all over Facebook, doing the same routine. He "never knew", he's "curious" and all the other shit.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:47 am

Does anyone have the alternative version of Tower of London from the 2 CD they could share?

I've often wondered about those promo only alternative mixes of the Zillionaire album. As many people here probably know there was a one-sided 12" promo of excerpts from all the tracks, running to a couple of minutes each. I wonder if that has caused some crossed wires with someone claiming they are 'alternative mixes'?
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:07 am

BigManRestless wrote:Does anyone have the alternative version of Tower of London from the 2 CD they could share?

Unfortunately my copy of ABC "2" is unplayable as well as a Level 42 compilation ("On the Level"). Both discs were released by Pickwick Records and shows the well-known CD rot or CD Bronze. I remember that "Tower of London" and "The Real Thing" were alternative versions in that compilation :(
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:48 am

Here 076 I will do you a favour, you don't even have to write your request I will do it for you so you can copy and paste it.

"I've heard there are demos for ABC's Abracadabra album. Has anyone come across these. I'm curious to know how they differ from the released versions".

zinhof ahoy!
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby MRRAYSWIGWORLD » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:06 pm

BigManRestless wrote:Does anyone have the alternative version of Tower of London from the 2 CD they could share?

Here you go - my rip (Wavs) https://we.tl/t-ElUXkYlg7E Expires 31/7/22
MRRAYSWIGWORLD
Running Up That Hill

Postby BigManRestless » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:10 am

MRRAYSWIGWORLD wrote:

Here you go - my rip (Wavs) https://we.tl/t-ElUXkYlg7E Expires 31/7/22

Thank you so much! That's fantastic.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:35 pm

eddie wrote:Here 076 I will do you a favour, you don't even have to write your request I will do it for you so you can copy and paste it.

"I've heard there are demos for ABC's Abracadabra album. Has anyone come across these. I'm curious to know how they differ from the released versions".

zinhof ahoy!

there are tons of demos for Abracadabra, the DAT tape that showed up on
ebay had some of them.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central