Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 25

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 15

Postby crichert » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:19 pm

Awesome sauce, thank you so much!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by crichert on Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:37 pm

crichert, thank you very much for your kind words! :D Also, no offence but please don't quote the whole post, if at all possible - mightily annoying.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:04 am

Fair point, duly noted. :D
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Gazebo Music » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:57 am

Spoons [CA] - Bending
Scary Thieves [UK] - Thieves of Virtue

Another nice collection of lesser known gems! Thanks Passing Stranger!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 16

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:44 am

Hi! Time for a new post, and here's the first "bonus" volume. This one consists of non-English language songs. I long felt it's kind of jarring to mix them with, ahem, English-sung songs. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, these songs are very cool, especially the French language ones - pure gold, and I entertained an idea to do a full French volume - but couldn't find enough material. There's a certain freshness to those songs due to different languages, and shows subtly different approaches to such cosmopolitan style as synthpop in different countries. Also it's very interesting to note that the reissue movement is very strong in Southern Europe (Spain and Italy), while in France and Germany there are mainly re-releases of an already released stuff, with comparably little in a way of "vault-searching". Why is it that way is anyone's guess. Anyway, without further ado, let's try this one and see the effect for yourselves :D

Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 16

01. TodoTodo [ES] - Respuesta Alternativa
02. Guyer's Connection [CH] - He Sabine!
03. Portray Heads [JP] - 浮遊体
04. Alexander Robotnick [IT] - Celle Vache De Ma Mere
05. Atelier Du Mal [IT] - Palau
06. Bal Paré [DE] - Natalie II
07. Data [YU] - Opsesija
08. Deux [FR] - Decadence
09. Ti-Tho [DE] - DoDona/Tiere Der Nacht (first version)
10. Vidar Og Gærne [NO] - Pleide å våkne

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/mwkVHSBK#KVHAqwxX2C4AcNJ_o2QKEg

Enjoy!
Last edited by Passing_Stranger on Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby retromusic » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Many thanks, V. Your obscure lossless uploads are very much appreciated; always plenty of rare tracks to enjoy.
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby Musickbed » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:09 pm

Thanks for the music, I have been compiling my own favourite Non-English 80s songs for some time. Obviously, it's not easy without knowing the language. I was a big Falco fan back in the day and was familiar with other Non-English songs/artists like Plastic Bertrand, 99 Luftballons, Trio, etc. It was only after hearing Minijupe by the Swiss band Starter a few years ago that I decided to seek out more songs. European scenes of the 80s in every country, from German 'Neue Deutsche Welle", Italo Disco, French New Wave, Yugoslavia had great music, Spain, Belgium, Nordic Countries and more. Anyway, here a some of my faves: Act-Ping Pong (Fr), Andi Arroganti- Alle Leute Fallen Um (Ger), Aviador Dro - Himno aéreo (Sp), Bérurier Noir- La mort au choix (Fr), Boye-Dosta! Dosta! Dosta (Serbia), Deo-Killerautomat (Ger), Det Glyne Triangel- Maskindans (Norway), Dr. Beat-Valami Bizarr Dolog (Hungary), Električni Orgazam- Ne postojim (Serbia), Europa Kiado- Mocskos idõk (Hu), Hans a plast- Sex Sex Sex (Ger), Joachim Witt- Herbergsvater(Ger), Kalashnikov - Ultraviolencia (Sp), Max & Intro- Ostavi Sve (Ser), Nacht Und Nebel- Movoco Synthaca (Bel), Pankrti- Adijo ljubljana (Slovenia), Paul Hardcastle's- 19 (Dix Neuf) in French, Reeperbahn- Jag +är En Man (Swe), Rheingold -Dreiklangsdimensionen (Ger), Shanghai- Sayonara (Swe) Spotch Forcey - Frustre (Fr), Starter- Minijupe (Swiss), Strychnine- Lâche-moi (Fr), Touch El Arab- Militant (Swiss), Y Cyrff- Cymru, Lloegr a Llanrwst (Wales), and Zaza- Zauberstab (Ger)...just to name a few. Lol, Some are not New Wave but Rock, Electronic, and Punk. I do need to listen to the New Wave 80s scene in Asia, specifically Japan, South America, Mexico. I know that Aussie James Reyne sings in his own language :)
Anyway, always great to hear new music. Cheers
Musickbed
Running Up That Hill

Postby jetmensud » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:15 am

nice sample, waiting for the following !
jetmensud
Take On Me

Re: SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 17

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:10 am

Thank you for your support, guys! It's very much appreciated :!:

This was a crazy week - crazier than in 2020 (never thought it'd be possible). But we all need a break from life's hard surprises, so here's the new installment in the series. This time it's fully instrumental. I love 1980s/"New Wave" instrumental music, there's something magical about it. So I gathered tracks from performers not already featured in the series so not to duplicate the names (and besides, most of those featured only or mostly did instrumental stuff). Generally I prefer up-tempo music but tried to make the program varied. Hope you'll like what I came up with :)

Note: I edited a couple of tracks slightly, removing vocal noises and suchlike for the fully instrumental experience. Hope no-one minds (or notices :D ).

Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 17

01. Robert Rental [UK] - Moving My Blue
02. mittageisen [CH] - Neuer Tag
03. Martin Hannett & Steve Hopkins [UK] - Scandinavian Wastes
04. Captain Sensible [UK] - Joe Meek
05. Gerry & The Holograms [UK] - Tubular Belles
06. Kevin Komoda [CA] - Lakeshore Drive
07. Tiempo 555 [ES] - La Vuelta
08. Gary Daly [UK] - Very Nice Barbara
09. Diastereomer [JP] - The Diastereomer
10. Heiko Maile [DE] - Vega Drive

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/esNQTTLD#I9ixNoWOci3THJbFYlTSdA

Enjoy!
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:28 am

Musickbed wrote:Thanks for the music, I have been compiling my own favourite Non-English 80s songs for some time...

I have to say, I have a soft spot for non-English New Wave. It's always interesting to hear how the sounds pioneered by the UK/US-based artists were accepted and filtered through the imagination of other nations. There seems to be a distinct mood to the Swedish or Italian or German or French "New Wave", even if the form is universal and sounds are from the same instruments (mostly). My favourite happens to be Spanish "New Wave" - it has this irrepressible energy and optimism, even if the themes are as doomy as the UK ones, and the language is great, I love the sound of it. Some of my favourite albums are from non-English-speaking acts - like "Nekrofiilis" by Organ (Finland), albums by a French synth band Moderne, "Tango" by Matia Bazar (Italy), Swedish artists like Adolphson & Falk, Twice a Man, Strasse, Lustans Lakejer. And of course Neue Deutsche Welle! "Weltweit" by Monopol, "Ich komme" by Hubert Kah, "Verrückt Nach Glück" by ami Marie and so many more! Schaltkreis Wassermann, Rheingold, Peter Schilling... And of course there's a very good though sadly little-known strand from the communist bloc.

The one regional variation of "New Wave" I'm uneasy with is Japanese. I love YMO, but most of the others leave me cold for some unclear reason. There are bands like Earthling, Interior, Sandii & The Sunsetz, Sympathy Nervous and some more, but that's about it.

All I can say is that I'm very much in favour of diversity when it comes to "New Wave" sounds and try to get as much non-UK/US-made music of this kind as possible. Lots of it is on par with the best of them! :D
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Fred80s » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:30 pm

Another Excellent set.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby Chuck50 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:14 am

I PM'd Passing Stranger this message on Feb. 26th.

"I'm PMing you asking you to please refrain from posting music for a little while because of the grave situation. I know just because you are Russian doesn't mean you are the cause of everything happening or that you agree with what is happening but by posting anything at this time and not acknowledging what is going on is disrespectful to the people who have already lost their lives."

Во время Второй мировой войны Советский Союз потерял 24 миллиона мирных жителей и военных. США спасли Россию.
Chuck50
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:31 am

Thank you for share this one
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:04 am

Thank you for your warm responses, guys - means a lot to me!

Chuck, I understand you're upset about the current situation. But please don't not turn this forum into a site for political slanging and baseless censoring. I'm as appalled and worried about what's happening as you. Sharing music here helps to alleviate the hard feelings a little, for one thing. Also I'm a firm believer in the "art is separate from politics" motto. That's as much as I'm going to say on this matter here. The service will resume as scheduled.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Re: SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 18

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:24 am

Heading for the closure of the series, an unusual volume - songs from reissues that I couldn't find in lossless formats. So here it's mp3 320 kbps. If anyone has these in FLAC or suchlike, please PM me. Hope no-one's disappointed, and you have no reason really, the songs are pretty cool no matter what format. Also, to compensate for the dip in quality, this time more than 10 songs :D As a special treat there's one song from the former Soviet Union, a very catchy one, I like it immensely, hope you will too.

Meanwhile we're not over just yet, there'll be two more volumes (as I hoped originally) - this time back in lossless, of course!

Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 18

01. Primus [SU] - Fight Fight Fight
02. The Actor [NL] - 40-50-60
03. The Modern Mannequins [US] - Forget Me Now Forget Me Not
04. Mixed Feelings [UK] - Final Demand
05. Boys Say Go [US] - Bang Bang De Boogie (Then We Dance)
06. Artistic Control [UK] - Bless It All
07. Invisible Zoo [US] - Think About It
08. Andrew Horrey [UK] - A Place of Peace
09. Jacket Weather [US] - Air is Cold
10. Paparazzi [UK] - Surrender
11. My Pierrot Dolls [UK] - Mirrors Don't Lie
12. Perfect Zebras [UK] - You Might

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/r0cAGZTT#nZ4Bb8zZsxcGieVD4xoGfw

Enjoy!
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

PreviousNext