Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

REQ: Reward - Strangers This Time (Extended Mix)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

REQ: Reward - Strangers This Time (Extended Mix)

Postby captain.sensible » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:16 pm

Ok here's another one that has eluded me for years. I was wondering if anyone has (or can direct me to) a high quality rip of this:

https://www.discogs.com/release/2521251-Reward-Strangers-This-Time

I have a decent sounding lossy and compressed copy of this, just hoping to replace it with a better one... Thanks again in advance
captain.sensible
Switchin' to Glide

Re: REQ: Reward - Strangers This Time (Extended Mix)

Postby paulinhodaleonira » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:43 pm

I'm missing it too. I know the "Burning the Ground" blogger posted it on 2 flac rips (16/44 and 24/96), but as I'm a unlucky man when I search anything, the links always are broken. Both links were broken. Today, only it's possible to listen up via the shit of Youtube channel. Nothing can be found somewhere else (like Myspace, Spotfy or another acceptable platform). Now, I need to be more clever. Inattentive individuals always got screwed in world.
paulinhodaleonira
Take On Me

Postby xymox970 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:56 am

Well.......I dont any version at all, so how about posting your mp3 version for a start ?

Thanks!
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby musfan » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:32 am

I don't have this, but I could not find it on BTG. I even went through archive.org - since BTG has posted releases which are not listed on the current Search By Artist - and did not find it on a quick look. Any idea when it was posted there?
musfan
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:55 am

paulinhodaleonira wrote:I'm missing it too. I know the "Burning the Ground" blogger posted it on 2 flac rips (16/44 and 24/96), but as I'm a unlucky man when I search anything, the links always are broken. Both links were broken. Today, only it's possible to listen up via the shit of Youtube channel. Nothing can be found somewhere else (like Myspace, Spotfy or another acceptable platform). Now, I need to be more clever. Inattentive individuals always got screwed in world.

And why don't you write to Paul (owner of BTG), make a small donation, ask him to upload it again and stop whining? :|
musfan wrote:I don't have this, but I could not find it on BTG. I even went through archive.org - since BTG has posted releases which are not listed on the current Search By Artist - and did not find it on a quick look. Any idea when it was posted there?

I follow Paul since he had his site on blogspot and as far as I know he never uploaded that band.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby captain.sensible » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:58 pm

Alright, here's what I have:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z7iiNgGraDMAaXdEGLN06Ri84v6B5sLf/view?usp=sharing

If anyone has any trouble accessing the file, please let me know, it's the first time I've tried Google Drive. And no, I didn't get it at BTG, I almost certainly got it off some sort of music blog post in early 2011 judging from where I found it in my archive, but I really don't remember.
captain.sensible
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Uvox » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:01 am

Some people here seem to have this - and more:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/viewtopi ... rd#p367511
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby paulinhodaleonira » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:24 pm

AJWAVE wrote:
paulinhodaleonira wrote:I'm missing it too. I know the "Burning the Ground" blogger posted it on 2 flac rips (16/44 and 24/96), but as I'm a unlucky man when I search anything, the links always are broken. Both links were broken. Today, only it's possible to listen up via the shit of Youtube channel. Nothing can be found somewhere else (like Myspace, Spotfy or another acceptable platform). Now, I need to be more clever. Inattentive individuals always got screwed in world.

And why don't you write to Paul (owner of BTG), make a small donation, ask him to upload it again and stop whining? :|
musfan wrote:I don't have this, but I could not find it on BTG. I even went through archive.org - since BTG has posted releases which are not listed on the current Search By Artist - and did not find it on a quick look. Any idea when it was posted there?

I follow Paul since he had his site on blogspot and as far as I know he never uploaded that band.

The BTG owner have removed very old postings where the links were dead. When I requested reupload, he deleted the posting. And he told me he's no patient to reupload the broken links anymore.
paulinhodaleonira
Take On Me

Postby captain.sensible » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:43 pm

Thanks for that Uvox. Sadly, upon casual listening I am 95% sure that the track included in the collection and the track I have are from the same source - I simply edited mine to the proper length and rebalanced the sound. I'm still hoping there is a better quality rip out there.
captain.sensible
Switchin' to Glide

Postby paulinhodaleonira » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:07 pm

captain.sensible wrote:Alright, here's what I have:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z7iiNgGraDMAaXdEGLN06Ri84v6B5sLf/view?usp=sharing

If anyone has any trouble accessing the file, please let me know, it's the first time I've tried Google Drive. And no, I didn't get it at BTG, I almost certainly got it off some sort of music blog post in early 2011 judging from where I found it in my archive, but I really don't remember.

Thanks, but the quality is same of web unfortunately. It was picked up from Youtube channel too. The audio quality have not bass frequence. If it had been one ripped 128 mp3 from vinyl directly, the audio should have bass frequence. This is reason I hating extracted songs from videos and I only accepting original rips from vinyl, CD or k7. Because them become a dead audio and with noise when picked up from online videos (Youtube and other video platforms).
paulinhodaleonira
Take On Me

Postby Uvox » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:47 am

paulinhodaleonira wrote:Thanks, but the quality is same of web unfortunately. It was picked up from Youtube channel too. The audio quality have not bass frequence.

I wonder, what hi-end equipment is owned by our dear school teacher from Angola, to let him hear all the finest peculiarities of a sound file???? No insult, just of curiosity))
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby paulinhodaleonira » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm

I wonder, what hi-end equipment is owned by our dear school teacher from Angola, to let him hear all the finest peculiarities of a sound file???? No insult, just of curiosity))[/quote]

Receiver Marantz 2385
Speakers Lando LX4000
DAC Cambridge

I don't listen up music in cell phone sound. Please, this is my taste. I'm not criticizing anyone.
paulinhodaleonira
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central