Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 129 & 130

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 129 & 130

Postby Gazebo Music » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:10 am

Hello NWO, Hope everyone is safe & well!

Please read as links will only be up for one week or less if asked to remove!

Very nice to see all the excellent shares this week! As always, thanks for your feedback and here are this weeks additions.

Quick note: A few weeks ago I shared the cover track by Turquoise Blue - We Are Lost (New Mix) 418 (86) which features
Brian Rydell of the band Accent. This week I've included his wonderful original version "Accent - We Are Lost 427 (84)". One of my favs!

I encourage you to give each track a listen at some point as you may be pleasantly surprised....

I have done my best to remaster all the tracks included here with the best sound possible! If I have used tracks that have appeared on others previous compilations, I apologize as this was not intentional!

Please note, this in NO way is intended to take away sales from any of the artists included here but rather a way to discover or rediscover these timeless masterpieces as many of them have never officially appeared on CD or are long "Out Of Print". Please support these bands if they should have material available! They deserve all the credit!

“In Memory Of Dave “Swerve” Myrvold"

Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 129

01. Accent - We Are Lost 427 (84)
02. Anna - Like They Do In The Movies 420 (81)
03. Parade in Paris - With A Whisper 431 (88)
04. Dogmatic Element - False Emotions 444 (84)
05. Michael Young - This Diamond Ring 320 (82)
06. Chatshow - Red Skies (Searching For) 353 (86)
07. Ian Cussick - Wonderlove 401 (82)
08. Boston Black - The Day Before I Died 348 (89)
09. The Input - Inside Each Raindrop 314 (84)
10. This Sporting Life - I Don't Want To Let You Go 346 (89)
11. Colonial Club - Irrigation 300 (83)
12. Kleopatra - Oktomvri 314 (88)
13. Satori - Before The Fall 420 (88)
14. Pop Mecanics - (Feels Like I'm) Alone Again 333 (82)
15. Autumn - Night In June 440 (82)
16. Shatoo - A True Story (The Hall) 314 (87)
17. De Ronde Stip - I Know Exactly When 347 (83)
18. Bert Barten - Gisteren Is Zo Ver Weg 638 (85)
19. Raison D'etre - Too Scared To Care 353 (89)
20. Teresa Del Fuego - Wonder Wonder 153 (81)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 0z-fG0Nnur

Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 130

01. Mézzoforte - Suspicious Minds 320 (82)
02. Design - Not Even For A Minute 342 (84)
03. Kliche' - I Will Stay 356 (85)
04. Caught In The Act - Blind Love 333 (85)
05. Minor Characters - On A Clear Day 337 (86)
06. This Fear - Killing Time 428 (87)
07. Club Eternity - Son Of My Father 251 (82)
08. Loose Ties - Take A Ride 339 (84)
09. Pression Fun - Out Of Your Mind 337 (84)
10. Loaded - The Medicine Man 413 (87)
11, The Promise - Next Time 331 (84)
12. Screaming Marionettes - Screaming Master 354 (89)
13. Michael's Toy Featuring The Napalese Temple Twists - Excuses 406 (85)
14. Disciples Of Spess - Anna (1st mix) 403 (84)
15. Kammermusik - Scent Of Love 322 (83)
16. Real 19 - European 421 (88)
17. Ageton Saks - Didn't I Pray 437 (84)
18. Última Emoción – Máquinas Románticas 408 (84)
19. Kevan Graham - Shadows In The Night 317 (86)
20. Blue - Riders On The Storm 336 (86)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TP8Itt_OsU

Master List Link

http://nwoutpost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43298
Last edited by Gazebo Music on Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 129 & 130

Postby WLR » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:02 am

:D Outstanding work again, not listened to Mezzoforte track in years!

Here is the full artwork pack for the series including these latest additions, link is good for 7 days:

https://we.tl/t-C5YtiPVGdb
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby Rissan » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:10 am

Nice track lists again.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby musfan » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:51 am

Thank you as always Gazebo!
musfan
Personal Jesus

Postby crichert » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:05 pm

Paul, you've outdone yourself again! Track after track of amazingly rare gems, most of which I've never heard before! Thank you, sir ... every volume is PURE GOLD!! :mrgreen:
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Fred80s » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:07 am

Agree 100% Crichert, these keep getting better and better. So many incredible unknowns! For me, this is the most comprehensive restored obscure 80s collection ever shared on the net!
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred80s » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:46 am

Any chance of an upcoming volume that has the A side by Teresa Del Fuego?
Was just reading this old post from 2005 at the Swing out sister forum, link is dead so had to see it's cached.

Topics > Off-Topic > Teresa Del Fuego
PDA

View Full Version : Teresa Del Fuego

lth
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi folks. I dunno if anybody on here can help me on this, but here goes. I have just acquired a 7" by Teresa Del Fuego called Don't Hang Up. Unusually, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (literally) on the internet about this singer - try typing the name into Googol - let alone this record, released in 1981.

My record collector price guide provided a connection with Swing Out Sister, hence the reason I'm here.

Can anybody shed some light on what the connection is?

Cheers

[ January 31, 2005, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Lyndon ]
twizzler
02-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi Lyndon and welcome!

I checked google groups archive on Teresa Del Fuego and there was a post that mentioned that Corinnne Drewery used that name as an alias before she was in Swing Out Sister.

That's the first I've heard of it! Anyway, I'm sure someone else on this board will have more info about it. I'd like to know myself.

Have you listened to the record yet? I'm curious to know what it sounds like.
Sugar Beat
02-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Hey Lyndon!

I would love to see some jpgs of the cover of the 7". And if you could provide mp3s of the a- and b-side, I think many SOS fans would be very happy!

Keep swinging!
lth
02-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi again folks, and thanks for your replies. I've just had a swift look at the Google groups ... okay, I was wrong, there IS something on the web about her and this record.

I've listened to it a handful of times, and it's quite good. It's a quick, catchy pop number, and I'll see if I can get some MP3's done. It doesn't have a picture cover, but comes in a blue die-cut sleeve which ties in with the label colour, so I guess it's a company sleeve, although the company is not mentioned on it.

Personally, I am a punk lover and this record came with a punk/new wave collection that I recently bought. As such, I'm not desperate to keep it ... and it'll go on eBay - soon. It looks like I might have a bit of a gem, but we'll see.

I'll post the eBay item number on this site when it's listed, and get some decent jpgs for you.

[ February 01, 2005, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Lyndon ]
lth
02-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Here's the record ...

http://www.lthenstridge.freeserve.co.uk ... es/tdf.jpg
twizzler
02-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Lyndon, thanks for posting the pic of the record!

I did some googling of the names on the record. I think I know why you got that with your punk records. I found Pat Collier's name on several punk music sites. If that is the same Pat Collier as on the record.

I googled up Don't Hang Up and the names of the writers from the record. Apparently, the song was a hit for a 60s r&b girl group called The Orlons.

This bit of Corinne's musical history seems not very well known. Not a bit of info on google. The record has be to be very, very rare.

When I first saw the name "Teresa Del Fuego" in the title of this thread, I thought it was about a new singer that no one's ever heard of!

[ February 02, 2005, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: twizzler ]
lth
02-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Twizzler. Thanks for the extra info.

As a record collector for more years than I care to remember, I know that just because a record is very rare, that doesn't make it worth a lot. The RC price guide states £8. However, on eBay, it just takes two people who desperately want a particular record to send the price sky high - I've seen that happen with a number of records.

I'm gonna plug this one on eBay, hoping to get a good price. It'll start at £4.99, and if it doesn't sell, I'll keep it ... it's not a bad tune, really. If it goes for £4.99 ... fine ... somebody else can enjoy it. If I get £100+ for it ... well, I'd probably fall over :-)

I was gobsmacked too when I couldn't find anything by a google search. There is invariably something mentioned about any artist who has released something, nomatter how obscure. I thought she was just another wannabe star until I saw the connection in the RC price guide. I'll confess to knowing NOTHING about SOS, their members nor their songs.

[ February 02, 2005, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Lyndon ]
twizzler
02-03-2005, 04:46 AM
If you know nothing about Swing Out Sister's music. Does that mean you've never heard of their biggest hit Breakout? :eek:

I guess maybe you could give the record a mention in the "Collectables On The Market" folder above this
folder to see if there's interest. The serious collectors seem to be there.

[ February 03, 2005, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: twizzler ]
twizzler
02-03-2005, 04:51 AM
Sorry, double post.

[ February 03, 2005, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: twizzler ]
lth
02-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Breakout??? Is that a cover of the Stiff Little Fingers' album track?? ha ha ... I may have heard it on the radio, but wouldn't have taken any real notice of it. I'm sorry, if it doesn't have snarling vocals and crashing chords, it's likely that I won't like it ... but there are exceptions.

I will make a post in the "Collectables On The Market" folder, although it seems that less people visit there than here. I dunno why this thread was relegated to "off topic" anyway, as I stated up front that there was a connection with SOS.
twizzler
02-05-2005, 07:46 AM
I guess you can't be converted to being an SOS fan then!

I also wondered about why this was moved to the Off-Topic folder. But as I mentioned before if I just looked at the title of this thread I would never have thought it had anything to do with SOS. I'm a long time fan from the beginning and I've never heard of this record. I think most of the other SOS fans have never heard of it either.
lth
02-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm afraid not, I won't become a fan.

I'm going to try to build up a really good selling ploy for this record. It won't be on eBay for another month thought cos they've just suspended my account!!!

I was selling a couple of records that are considered offensive in the UK, but you can buy them on eBay if they are listed in the USA, Europe or anywhere non-UKish!! Grrr!!!
lth
02-13-2005, 05:36 PM
There's an mp3 snippet of each song here (about 600KB each), as well as some decent scans of the record:

http://www.lthenstridge.freeserve.co.uk/TeresaDelFuego

Does it sound like Corinne??

[ February 13, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Lyndon ]
martin gowing
02-13-2005, 07:25 PM
what the $%#*? that mp3 snippet doesn't sound anything like corrine!!!! :rotlf: talk about a shot down in flames! SOS fans you gotta listen to the mp3 snippets of teresa del fuego and then tell me if you think it is corrine. you be the judge. :rotlf:
twizzler
02-13-2005, 07:51 PM
island life, did you check out the 2nd mp3 WonderWonder? I listened to it several times and I
think it does sound like Corinne!

Don't Hang Up doesn't sound like Corinne. It sounded like they speeded up the record. :p

ETA: Thanks Lyndon for providing the mp3 snips!

[ February 13, 2005, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: twizzler ]
martin gowing
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
there's still no convincing me that the voice on those songs are corinne. i didn't have to listen to the songs several times to realize,it isn't corinne's voice. and by the way? what genre of music is that anyway? :rotlf:

[ February 13, 2005, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: island life ]
twizzler
02-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Lol! I think we need more people to give their opinions on this controversy!
Dr.
02-13-2005, 09:28 PM
After listening to each song I'm inclined to believe that both sound as if they could be Corinne...although I must say I didn't care for either song.
lth
02-14-2005, 05:31 AM
I think that Island life should just do that ... go back to island life ... solitude ... somewhere where his/her/its stressed out attitude is not forced upon social humanoids.

All I'm doing is following leads. I have never stated that this is Corinne, but there is a record collectors book providing a link to SOS. I wouldn't know Corinne's voice if I heard it. Further, somebody else raised the issue back in 1998, when Island Life was probably still in nappies (diapers for any Americans).

Chill out IL, stress will only aggravate your haemorrhoids! ... and you ought to brush up on you music genre knowledge.

[ February 14, 2005, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Lyndon ]
thad gastings
02-14-2005, 08:29 AM
hi lyndon,
you said yourself you know very little if nothing about,sos. you also said you wouldn't know corinne's voice if you heard it. well let me tell you something. once you hear her voice,you know when you hear it again. its that recognizable. and i don't find any trace of corinne drewery on these songs. i have followed sos throughout their lustrious career. and never once have i heard the connection between teresa and corinne. maybe the only person who can really know or say is corinne herself~ but i do consider myself a conoiseur of sos music. and from what i hear, i can't find any connection between the voices.
-sorry!
lth
02-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi Thad

I'm always willing to listen to those in the know ... with a decent attitude like yours and most on here :D ... that's why I registered to this board in the first place.

Voices can change over time, but I guess you'd be able to pick SOMETHING similar. I've looked through a few biographies about Corinne. Some say that she had no professional music experience until SOS, another states she was in a Nottingham-based band (albeit, that could be a local pub band depending upon the writer's definition of "professional"). There is NO mention on Teresa, and this is strangely missing on the entire internet :D

[ February 14, 2005, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Lyndon ]
Sugar Beat
02-18-2005, 05:49 PM
I remember reading about Corinne releasing this record way back, but that the "Falklands war precluded its release".

Now, after having listened to these snippets, I can say with 100 percent that it is not Corinne Drewery singing. It is not her voice, and it is not her phrasing of the words.

Lyndon, thank you for signing on here and giving us these snippets! It is much appreciated!

What once was an elusive gem of early SOS history is now no more than an error in a pop encyclopedia.

The only person who could provide us with the definitive answer is Corinne herself. If she is reading this thread, that is.
twizzler
03-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Lyndon, I hope you get a reply from the record company to clear up this mystery.

On one hand, Don't Hang Up sounds nothing like Corinne. But then I listen to Wonder Wonder and am convinced it is Corinne.
wes g.
03-03-2005, 10:15 AM
:music01:

[ March 04, 2005, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: wes g. ]
twizzler
04-25-2005, 05:00 AM
Corinne said in her message she doesn't know if her vocals were used on Don't Hang Up? I guess this still remains a mystery unless Corinne hears a snip from the record. To me there's such a big
difference in the vocals in Don't Hang Up and Wonder Wonder. Maybe they used the other singer for Don't Hang Up and Corinne for Wonder Wonder. :p http://img52.echo.cx/img52/889/confused7ar.gif

[ April 25, 2005, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: twizzler ]
lth
05-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey Twizzler and all. I see that this little debate I started is still ticking over. I didn't get a reply from Satril records, which is a bit annoying as I gave them my email address so it wouldn't have even cost them a stamp to reply.

I've had to remove the MP3s from my webspace as I needed the space for something else. I still have them (as well as the 7"), and if Corinne or anybody else wants to hear them, I'm happy to email them.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:52 pm

Thank you amigo mio!
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Gazebo Music » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:29 am

Thanks for the kind words guys! Fred80s, I had no idea of this so I can't confirm if Teresa Del Fuego is actually Corinnne Drewery of Swing Out Sister? Listening to it now, I kind of hear the similarities in her voice but again I'm not 100% positive? Ps: Yes, the B-side is coming up as well! Thanks
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby magnum » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:10 am

some nice ones... great share! cheers!
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby Fred80s » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:30 am

Gazebo Music wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys! Fred80s, I had no idea of this so I can't confirm if Teresa Del Fuego is actually Corinnne Drewery of Swing Out Sister? Listening to it now, I kind of hear the similarities in her voice but again I'm not 100% positive? Ps: Yes, the B-side is coming up as well! Thanks

Thank You, Paolo.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central