Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: New! Gone But Not Forgotten 80’s “Swerve" Volume 3

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: New! Gone But Not Forgotten 80’s “Swerve" Volume 3

Postby Gazebo Music » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:58 am

Hello NWO, Hope everyone is safe & well!

Please read as link will only be up for one week or less if asked to remove!

It’s so hard to believe it will be 3 years this week since losing Dave! As in the past, I decided to include "Gone But Not Forgotten 80's ''Swerve'' Volume 3. The simple fact that if not for Dave, this series wouldn’t even exists! Thank you all for helping me keep his spirit alive!

Note: I've decided to include the extremely rare and unreleased track by Vis-A-Vis "Another Time" which was a fav of Dave's. For years I held off posting it in respect for the band who were supposed to be releasing a comprehensive Best Of VAV CD which would have included both EP's plus 10 unreleased tracks. Sadly in January of last year, lead man Rudolf (Rude) Van Steenes Hierck passed away and the project never made it to production, similar to Space Monkey. This is the only copy ever shared by Rudolf who had sent it to Dave in mp3 format back in January of 2018. This track was originally submitted to CFNY in 1985 and aired that same year for a CFNY New Music Talent Search Contest then never played again. I hope the remaining band members can one day pick up where Rudolf left off and release the Best Of CD. Such an amazing local Toronto band!!!

I encourage you to give each track a listen at some point as you may be pleasantly surprised....

I have done my best to remaster all the tracks included here with the best sound possible! If I have used tracks that have appeared on others previous compilations, I apologize as this was not intentional!

Please note, this in NO way is intended to take away sales from any of the artists included here but rather a way to discover or rediscover these timeless masterpieces as many of them have never officially appeared on CD or are long "Out Of Print". Please support these bands if they should have material available! They deserve all the credit!

“In Memory Of Dave “Swerve” Myrvold"

Gone But Not Forgotten 80's ''Swerve'' Volume 3

01. Vis-A-Vis - Another Time 422 (85)
02. Playing By Numbers - Too Much Temptation 420 (84)
03. No Man Is An Island - Forest Almost Burning 402 (89)
04. Turning Keys - See You Crying 436 (88)
05. Face Of Concern - Don't Play 353 (86)
06. Amri - Look At Me Now 348 (86)
07. Edge Park - I Believe 422 (89)
08. The Pleasures Pale - Most Precious Things 433 (87)
09. Eye To Ice - Love And War 439 (87)
10. The Guilty - Another Day 321 (87)
11. Big New Day - Here With Me 431 (88)
12. Now - Peace In Our Time 409 (87)
13. Twice Two - War And Wales 311 (84)
14. Pure Passion - The Thrill You Want 404 (89)
15. Scared Of The Dark - Summer Soul 251 (86)
16. One On One - Lights 442 (88)
17. Wagner - Dust 411 (86)
18. Strange Dreams - I Saw You There 315 (84)
19. Video People - On Our Own 327 (83)
20. Accent - (Intro) Blue & Royal Line 301 (84)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... RgEfylQdaz

Master List Link

http://nwoutpost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43298
Last edited by Gazebo Music on Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: Share: New! Gone But Not Forgotten 80’s “Swerve" Volume

Postby crichert » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:26 am

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 years since Dave's passing. Thank you for all the hard work that goes into preparing these collections, I know that Dave would be so excited and proud of you for continuing to honor his legacy.

Thank you, buddy - VERY excited to hear the Vis-A-Vis track, I'm a HUGE fan of their early singles, so very stoked to hear this rare gem!

<3
Last edited by crichert on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby WLR » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:11 am

Your commitment to paying homeage to Dave's memory has been truly outstanding and shows the value of your friendship, you have always been reliable in uploading these compilations and to have done that over a long period really is valued by the members on this community, well done.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby Gazebo Music » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:32 am

Very kind words gentlemen and I thank you! Again, it's the least I can do to honor Dave and its such a shame he's not with us to enjoy and contribute to this forum!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby crichert » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:48 pm

The Vis-A-Vis track is AMAZING! Follows in the tracks of Shadowplay, very catchy track! Thank you for sharing this buried gem, Paul. I hope that Best of CD is continues where it left off one day soon before those tracks are lost in oblivion.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Fred80s » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:32 am

A wonderful tribute to Dave, he's been sorely missed on the forum.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby LaidInRuins » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:12 pm

Thanks for the share! Love Vis-A-Vis. One of the criminally underrated Canadian bands that really deserved an album. Listening to the song it does not disappoint. This band's song-writing was on another level. I'm sure there are other gems here to be heard as well
LaidInRuins
Take On Me

Postby magnum » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:08 am

track 19...Video people track thats pure class....great post!
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby xymox970 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:05 pm

i like Scared Of The Dark....too bad its their only release.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central