Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: Payola$ – Between A Rock And A Hyde Place - Best Of

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: Payola$ – Between A Rock And A Hyde Place - Best Of

Postby Uvox » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:48 am

Last edited by Uvox on Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uvox
The Jet Set

Re: Share: Payola$ – Between A Rock And A Hyde Place - Best

Postby crichert » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:31 am

Thanks, UVox...you accidentally cut/paste the Discogs links twice...oops. :)
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby LMP69 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:17 pm

Why is it the Payola$ catalog has not made it to CD?? A real shame.

Same for The Vels, Comateens, The Nobodys, and so many others.
LMP69
Take On Me

Postby crichert » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:19 pm

I know, right? Would love to see a back catalog release, including b-sides/remixes.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:29 pm

LMP69 wrote:Why is it the Payola$ catalog has not made it to CD?? A real shame.

Same for The Vels, Comateens, The Nobodys, and so many others.

Comateens have one compilation for streaming in deezer
https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2045 ... -1980-1985
includes some demos
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby LMP69 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:39 pm

I did get that compilation last year. Lots of their material. Of course, I managed to buy their very first CD from 1981 back when the band was marketing it themselves. I had hoped that they would get around to their other releases as well. I have a Best of Comateens CD called One By One from 1991 I happened to come across in a used CD bin quite a few years ago.
LMP69
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:43 pm

LMP69 wrote:I did get that compilation last year. Lots of their material. Of course, I managed to buy their very first CD from 1981 back when the band was marketing it themselves. I had hoped that they would get around to their other releases as well. I have a Best of Comateens CD called One By One from 1991 I happened to come across in a used CD bin quite a few years ago.

I think are the only two official compilations released by the band. And an only offshot project called West and Byrd released on cd by Virgin France.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby LMP69 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:34 pm

I have the track Winter from the 1991 compilation. I saw the West & Byrd CD on eBAY once but was way out of my price range. Would love to hear it/have it, but when the CD cost almost as much as my utility bill, I had to pass it up. If the rest of it is as good as Winter, it would be great to find someday at a price I can afford.
LMP69
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:38 pm

LMP69 wrote:I have the track Winter from the 1991 compilation. I saw the West & Byrd CD on eBAY once but was way out of my price range. Would love to hear it/have it, but when the CD cost almost as much as my utility bill, I had to pass it up. If the rest of it is as good as Winter, it would be great to find someday at a price I can afford.

You're right. The price for the West & Byrd Cd is ridiculous! I Send you a PM
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby 80rulez » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:38 am

Great band. Love Paul Hyde's works.
80rulez
Take On Me

Postby 80rulez » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:49 am

AJWAVE wrote:You're right. The price for the West & Byrd Cd is ridiculous! I Send you a PM

A lot of time, it's not about the price. I assume most of us enjoy the hunting more than owning the CDs. The feeling of redemption when finding the CD you want in a bin somewhere is priceless.
80rulez
Take On Me

Postby LMP69 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:15 am

You got that right. The anticipation of what you might come across flipping through rows and rows of CDs and vinyl. It is a ritual to do this weekly. Also, when I travel, to hit stores I usually can't get to (Twist & Shout in Denver, Wax Trax Denver, Amoeba, Princeton Record Exchange, etc.). We used to have a Cheapos here but it closed down. Probably because the local owner was so overpriced compared to other shops. Still, there was tons of stuff to go through.
LMP69
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central