Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Looking for rare Echo & The Bunnymen mp3's.

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Looking for rare Echo & The Bunnymen mp3's.

Postby Horrorgrrl » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:54 am

Hi~

I'm desperately seeking these rare Echo & The Bunnymen mp3's:

"Prove Me Wrong"
"Inside Me, Inside You"
"Lady Don't Fall Backwards"
Two different versions of "Enlighten Me"

All these songs were recorded in the early nineties "Reverberation" period with singer Noel Burke. With the exception of "Enlighten Me" - none were included on that album, but instead were recorded as singles. I have "Reverberation", and therefore have the original album version of "Enlighten Me", but am now searching for the other two differing versions. Help!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:22 pm

I have the 'Reverberation' b-sides, all the songs you mention but only the one extended version of 'Enlighten Me'.
I can make mp3 files of them if you're still interested...

-mk-
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby Horrorgrrl » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:44 am

Oh man, that would be soooo great! Is there anything in particular you're looking for - I could see if I have anything you might want. Thank you! I think you can access my email from the Members link - if not let me know and I'll send it to you and you can just send me the mp3's via e-mail. Thanks again - I bow unto your graciousness!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi Tess,
No problem... check your e-mail and let me know if they came through alright. We have a fast connection, but they were sent almost TOO fast! So I'm not sure if they really made it through or not - if not, I'll send them again.

-mk-
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby FreeWave » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:05 am

[quote]Originally posted by Horrorgrrl
[br]Hi~

"Prove Me Wrong"
"Inside Me, Inside You"

All these songs were recorded in the early nineties "Reverberation" period with singer Noel Burke. With the exception of "Enlighten Me" - none were included on that album, but instead were recorded as singles. I have "Reverberation", and therefore have the original album version of "Enlighten Me", but am now searching for the other two differing versions. Help!

Tess[8D]
[/quote]

Are you the person on the hub with all the albums and every single (in different folders)? If not then you need to search on the hub as there's someone with a MASSIVE Echo collection. If that IS you then obviously you're ahead of the game but still needing these. [B)]
FreeWave
Personal Jesus

Postby Horrorgrrl » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:04 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by I. M. He[/i]
<br>Hi Tess,
No problem... check your e-mail and let me know if they came through alright. We have a fast connection, but they were sent almost TOO fast! So I'm not sure if they really made it through or not - if not, I'll send them again.

-mk-
[/quote]

Thank you so much! Yes, they came through just fine! You ROCK!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby Horrorgrrl » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:07 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by FreeWave[/i]
<br>[quote]Originally posted by Horrorgrrl
[br]Hi~

"Prove Me Wrong"
"Inside Me, Inside You"

Tess[8D]
[/quote]

Are you the person on the hub with all the albums and every single (in different folders)? If not then you need to search on the hub as there's someone with a MASSIVE Echo collection. If that IS you then obviously you're ahead of the game but still needing these. [B)]
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip Free Wave, but I already searched the hub before posting here, and didn't find them. These are very rare tracks, hence the post here after not finding them on the hub. I also have an extensive collection of E&TB (not shared on the hub yet), but was having a hard time finding these tracks. Not to worry, mk came through - and he ROCKS!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby Horrorgrrl » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:55 pm

To I. M. He~

Hello there! You recently provided me with the mp3's of these rare Echo & The Bunnymen tracks via e-mail. As would be my luck, only a couple of days after receiving them from you I experienced a hard-drive crash and was unable to recover certain files - these mp3's were some of those lost files. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to send them to me again. I'm sorry to bother you with this - this time I'll back them up onto a disc immediately! Thanks in advance!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:00 pm

Hi Tess!
I'll rip them again this afternoon when I get home from work and send them your way. Last time I converted them to 192kbps - I can make them 320kbps if you're Inbox can handle it... let me know!
-mk-
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby Hani » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:59 pm

Hi Horrorgrrl,
Talking about Reveberation album, the song that i like best is False Goodbye and i have always given 5 stars for that album. It's great! Noel Burke's voice is cool.
Hani
Take On Me

Postby Horrorgrrl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:30 pm

<br>Hi Tess!
I'll rip them again this afternoon when I get home from work and send them your way. Last time I converted them to 192kbps - I can make them 320kbps if you're Inbox can handle it... let me know!
-mk-
[/quote]

Thank you! 192K is fine - I don't think my Yahoo! mail will allow me to receive the 320k files as they will be too big, and my Outlook won't let me get files that big either. Thanks so much for doing this again - do you need my e-mail addy again?

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby Horrorgrrl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:32 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Hani[/i]
<br>Hi Horrorgrrl,
Talking about Reveberation album, the song that i like best is False Goodbye and i have always given 5 stars for that album. It's great! Noel Burke's voice is cool.
[/quote]

Hi Hani~

Yep, I think the Reverberation album is a sadly underrated, underappreciated Bunnymen offering. Lots of die-hard fans had trouble converting to Noel Burke - but I love them unconditionally - and this album is one of my favorites by them. Rock!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:11 pm

No problem at all Tess! Check your e-mail and let me know if all's well...

-mk-
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby Horrorgrrl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:13 pm

<br>No problem at all Tess! Check your e-mail and let me know if all's well...

-mk-
[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yep - they came through fine. I've backed them up this time - so no more losing them!

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:41 am

You're more than welcome Tess... anytime!

-mk-
I. M. He
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central