Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

softish new wave, female vocalist, ... ???

softish new wave, female vocalist, ... ???

Postby ottenm » Sun May 28, 2023 11:07 am

Super long shot here. I could barely hear this 80's New Wave track over the crowd around me. Would *love* to spin it 10 more times if I can find it!

I was pretty sure the closing refrain, female vocalist, was "keep him for me" (keeping for me?), which kept repeating, but I'm not turning up anything doing similar lyrics searches. I tried tapping the notes out on a piano, maybe something a little like this (but faster)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOW7s8oea7w

Overall slowish/softish, maybe like "Voices Carry" (Til Tuesday) especially toward the end with the layered vocals over the slow/grinding/meandering background instruments, or maybe the first half of "Heart & Soul" by T'Pau with similar/layered vocals....

Almost nothing to go on here, any chance it rings any bells?
ottenm
Running Up That Hill

Re: softish new wave, female vocalist, ... ???

Postby rewind » Mon May 29, 2023 8:58 am

Siouxsie & the Banshees "Kiss Them For Me"??
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby ottenm » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:44 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me send you a small gift card!!! (coffee, cash, ... anything)

It was over a year ago that I could barely hear a note of it in a packed club here in Austin, ... couldn't place a thing, but knew that I knew it.

I first heard that track 30 years ago in a club in San Fran ("south of market"/soma district, just in town for an academic conference). Loud and clear, but no phone to look it up. The bartender told me the band, and I picked up a couple of their discs, that gradually slid off the playlist and out of my head .. but apparently, not completely.

Sorry I did not see your reply sooner rewind. Absolute *thrill*. Serious biz, ***PLEASE*** let me send something your way. I'll never forget this!

THANK YOU!!!

Mike
ottenm
Running Up That Hill

Postby rewind » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:23 pm

Your satisfaction is payment enough. Glad I could help!
rewind
Room at the Top

Return to Help Me Identify This!