Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What is this song? Warren Bacall/Warren Harry related

What is this song? Warren Bacall/Warren Harry related

Postby bolton80 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm

Can anyone help my son identify this song please? It's Warren Harry/Bacall on guitar and backing vocals, but that's all we know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQKk3kVz-7Q&pp=ygUfaGVscCBtZSBpZGVudGlmeSB0aGlzIG5vdCBqYW5pcw%3D%3D
bolton80
Switchin' to Glide

Re: What is this song? Warren Bacall/Warren Harry related

Postby crichert » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:23 am

Wow, LOVE that track! I'll do my best to help you track down the artist, but it doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard before.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby bolton80 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:13 am

crichert wrote:Wow, LOVE that track! I'll do my best to help you track down the artist, but it doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard before.

Glad you like it. Warren Harry (aka Warren Bacall) was very underrated.

A small update. My son contacted Warren's widow, and she confirmed the name of the song is "You Were The Drug" and Warren wrote it. However, she didn't tell us who the singer was, or who the song was credited to when released (if it ever WAS released).

Hoping someone can solve this for us!
bolton80
Switchin' to Glide

Postby crichert » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:03 am

Great stuff - thank you. Funny how professional this video is, so it would seem that it would been officially released, but nothing comes up after multiple Google searches. Maybe the female lead singer will come forward if she stumbles upon the YouTube video.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby bolton80 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:13 am

I hope so, but seems unlikely she will stumble across it, as it's not a widely viewed video. Wonder if there's anywhere else that might be useful for spreading the word?

I'd just really like to buy a copy (if it exists). The audio on the video is mostly ok, but I 'think' it's mono.
bolton80
Switchin' to Glide

Postby bolton80 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:32 am

SOLVED.

The duo were called Strange Moves (Warren Bacall & Michelle Morrison), and they released one single together in 1986 (Passionate Strangers).

Either 'You Were The Drug' was released but is so obscure it hasn't even been added to Discogs, or it's an unreleased song, which seems bizarre considering they made a video for it.
bolton80
Switchin' to Glide

Postby crichert » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:19 pm

Awesome stuff!! Thanks for solving that, now we need to find that 7" single and share it for all the hear. I have to imagine they released a 7" promo single, if they took the time to prepare a music video for the song.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Fred80s » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:06 am

The 2 tracks from the 45 were used in the Lost but not forgotten series
https://www.discogs.com/release/7929358 ... -Strangers

Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby bolton80 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:22 am

Which volume of Lost But Not Forgotten 80s was Only When We Touch on? I can't see it listed anywhere?
bolton80
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Fred80s » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:07 am

It appears Paul has posted many exclusive tracks on his YouTube channel that were not included in the series, I think only 1 track was used in the LBNF series.
Sorry about that.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Return to Help Me Identify This!