Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

"Poor Christmas" - FULL VERSION FOUND - Help Identify

"Poor Christmas" - FULL VERSION FOUND - Help Identify

Postby Tambourine » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 am

This song, dubbed "Poor Christmas", "Eyes of Love" or simply "Come On", was recorded off the radio in Germany in October of 1987 - possibly off HR3 or Radio FFN (both German radio stations from Lower Saxony or Hesse). The person who recorded this song off the radio, who goes by the name René, is also the original uploader of several other currently unknown and solved mystery songs; one in particular, which I'm sure some of you are familiar with, is "On The Roof" by Johan Lindell, or "Stay - (The Second Time Around)" as people formerly referred to the song.

The most unfortunate part about the search for this song, which has been going on for nearly 20 years now, is that we know what the song's title might be. According to the original uploader, the DJ did announce the song on the radio. He recalls the song's title as "Poor Christmas" or perhaps "Your Christmas" by an artist whose name could be along the lines of "The Face", "The Race", etc.

While this sounds simple to solve, the problem is that nobody has yet been able to find any traces of the said song on the Internet (beyond the radio-to-tape recording and a vague recollection of the song's announcement on the radio), and while there are dozens of artists with similar names, none sound/produced ever anything remotely close to the mystery song.
As is the case with most mystery songs, no audio-recognition programs recognize the song.
Tambourine
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!