Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Paisley Underground Comp

Paisley Underground Comp

Postby pikeprof » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:59 am

I'm getting more and more tempted these days to put together my own home listening P. Underground Box Set-since it seems the real one will NEVER come out-here's what I'm thinking of putting on it-any additions or corrections out there?

Rain Parade-

100 Flowers/Urinals/Trotsky Icepick/Danny and The Doorknobs (Something to represent these guys).

Three O'Clock/Salvation Army

Bangles

Pandoras

Wednesday Week

Dream Syndicate

Green On Red

Human Hands

True West/Russ Tolman

Naked Prey

Long Ryders

The Last

I'm kind of trying for a Los Angeles psych vibe and as far as I know- a lot of these bands-played with each other same venues and shared band members-any Paisley experts out there to guide me on putting this together for my own listening enjoyment?

I have no idea when I might get it done-but If it does get done I'd be willing to do CD-R swaps with people.

Does anybody know where I can get a box like Box sets are usaully stored in?-you know the long ones.

Oh By the By-The Fleshtones box set should be out in a years time-I'm so excited!!!!
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby Grunch » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:19 am

Eyes of Mind - anything from Tales of The Turquoise Umbrella, goes perfectly with three o or rain parade stuff.

The Point - track "Magic Circle"
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby pikeprof » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:46 am

I suppose I should also probably add Opal-Danny and Dusty-Game THeory and Thin White Rope, too, eh?
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby pikeprof » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:53 am

Hey Grunchy-I got a line on where i can get that Eyes of Mind-they'd be perfect-they have a three o'clock connection do you know anything else about The Point-album title-label what have you-I can't find anything from googling
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby devildog » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:11 am

What about Rank & File?
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby pikeprof » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:14 am

that just might work dev-they were definitely in the same geetar vein as the long ryders-well this is a project that's going to take a while to do-in a way-I want to see if I can compile a box set like the pros do-after all-don't we all say how easy it is
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby pikeprof » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:43 am

Actaully as a side note-it's amazing how the Kinman Bros. Reinvented themselves-first they were hardcore punks-(The Dils) then Cowpokes-(when they got some other punkers like Alejandro Escovedo from the Nuns) and then they were techno-(Blackbird)
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby Grunch » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:50 am

Full LP by The Point came out in 1983 on WarfRat - remember that very cool label, and their compilation Warf Rat Tales? I have the LP.

I also have the LP by The Eyes of Mind. Mine is a french import distributed by New Rose, from 1984.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby pikeprof » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:55 am

Found another band to include-The Droogs
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby Grunch » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:10 am

Droogs were also excellent - not only is Kingdom Day in CD, but their earlier EP on vinyl has a very good cover of Born To Be wild.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby unguarded moment » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:48 pm

Good call on Eyes of Mind - great EP "Tales of the Turqouise Umbrella" if you can find it. Gotta go with Game Theory too, although their sound was on the fringe of psychedelia they're close enough to include.

The Unclaimed - Sid Griffin's band before
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby pikeprof » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:49 am

Naked Prey WERE from AZ so was True West-Some Green on Redders were involved w/ Naked Prey and their first ep was on Steve Wynn's "Down There Label-I think I got enough to work with now-I'm going to add mazzy star though-
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby pikeprof » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:34 am

Well I now have 34 Bands to work with-you'd be amazed what you can find on those comps that fetch a couple of bucks at record stores-

Actually I'm going to be working on another comp first-I'm going to do a four CD IRS rarities set first-I'll make one
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations