Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Thompson Twins "Into The Gap"

Thompson Twins "Into The Gap"

Postby Surly » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:26 am

"Into The Gap" by The Thompson Twins is being remastered with bonus tracks and will be released by Reality on September 14. This label has an exclusive distribution deal with FYE, which means it is only available in their stores and at their website. It's not on the site yet but I will let everyone know when it is.

Of course, I already pre-ordered my copy of "Quick Step & Side Kick" from The Ideal Copy, along with AFOS...now THAT is something I am really excited about!!!
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby fritzb » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:18 pm

Very cool. I look forward to it, even though I have a copy of the original OOP release. [8D]

I don't suppose you know what the bonus tracks are. I only hope they pick some good ones and not yet another dull-ass 8+ minute version of "Hold Me Now". The 12" of "Sister Of Mercy" would be good. Also a few of the B-Sides like "Passion Planet" might be nice too.
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby skinnytie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:16 am

With the re-release of "Quick Step and Side Kicks", this is really good news. I'm glad to see this resurgence of Thompson Twins, and also hope that "Passion Planet" makes it to the bonus tracks.
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:44 am

Wow can't wait for that. Hope they would also add the 12" versions of 'Lucky Day' and 'Beach Culture'!! [;)]
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby EchoBeachBunnyBoy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:01 pm

According to The Ideal Copy listing:

BONUS TRACKS
Lucky Day (3:56)
Love on Your Side (Rap Boy Rap) (7:30)
Lies (Bigger & Better) (6:37)
We Are Detective (More Clues) (5:52)

I am also looking forward to this release. [:D]
EchoBeachBunnyBoy
Personal Jesus

Postby Jason² » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:10 pm

Ya know, I hate to be negative here, but how FREAKING lame is that that Reality is reissuing "Into The Gap" exclusively through FYE??? FYE is the new "face" of Transworld, one of the country's largest (and richest) retail chains - we're talking those lame mall stores that carry, like, 2,000 skus and price stuff at their list price (or highter). I can't even think of an FYE location in Southern California. I can't IMAGINE we'd release Quick Step through a SINGLE record store chain - I just find the idea of that reprehensible. This is as bad as the exclusive Rolling Stones and U2 CDs that Best Buy released. MEH!
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby skinnytie » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:31 am

I can't disagree with you, jfiber, but to me, it's similar to those CD's that are only available through web sites. I'd much prefer for a CD to be carried at any retail outlet, but sometimes that's not the case. I'm happy to see the music at least be in print somewhere than not at all.
And I'm just curious, did Superfecta try to get "Into the Gap" as well?
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby Jason² » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:52 am

OOOOHHHH that questions BURNS Mr Skinny Tie.

Let's just say that Superfecta had PAPERWORK on "Here's To Future Days" and was told that "Into The Gap" was still in print and thus not available for licensing when one dark day we were told there had been a mistake and some other label had already licensed "...Future Days" and, oh yeah, they'd also licensed another album called "Into The Gap"...

went to the batting cages and whacked some softballs for about 2 hours after finding that out!!!
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby devildog » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:55 pm

[quote]Originally posted by jfiber
[br]OOOOHHHH that questions BURNS Mr Skinny Tie.

Let's just say that Superfecta had PAPERWORK on "Here's To Future Days" and was told that "Into The Gap" was still in print and thus not available for licensing when one dark day we were told there had been a mistake and some other label had already licensed "...Future Days" and, oh yeah, they'd also licensed another album called "Into The Gap"...

went to the batting cages and whacked some softballs for about 2 hours after finding that out!!!
[/quote]

That stinks, Jfiber. Well, maybe you can reissue all the Blancmange and Translator albums? I doubt if anyone has dibs on those? They'd probably sell especially if they include extended versions and b-sides, etc.
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Jason² » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:58 pm

Been working on Blancmange for quite some time. Don't get your hopes up for "Happy Families" anytime this millenium, but Mange Tout and Believe you Me MIGHT be becoming possible...

Translator - much as I love them, I don't see the demand really being there (there's already been 3 "best of" collections and none of them did particularly well.
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby skinnytie » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:40 am

Yikes! I'm sorry I asked that one, I didn't mean to drudge up any bad memories or anything! But of the 3 albums, I think Superfecta got the best one for re-release.

[quote]Originally posted by jfiber
[br]OOOOHHHH that questions BURNS Mr Skinny Tie.

[/quote]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby romanticide » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:16 pm

A release of Mange Tout with the long (American) version of "The Day Before You Came" would be amazing! "Believe You Me" is a great album as well and would tempt me to buy another copy with or without bonus tracks (if only to play "Lose Your Love" in stereo).

Release of the Translator LPs on CD would be beyond a wet dream ...
romanticide
Take On Me

Postby Surly » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:01 am

Yeah, I don't like the idea of them only being available at Transworld either...I never shop at those stores (and I used to manage one in the early '90s!) I only mentioned this reissue because 1)It's a pretty great record and 2) I wrote the liner notes. I think the label is working on international distribution but I don't know how far along they are with that.

Just for the record, I do not work for this label. I'm friends with one of the owners, that's all. He used to do the reissues for One Way, which no longer exists.
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Analogue » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:00 pm

[quote]Originally posted by romanticide
"A release of Mange Tout with the long (American) version of "The Day Before You Came" would be amazing!"
[/quote]

I whole-heartedly agree! The 12" extended mix is far superior to the album or single edit, and the only 12" version off of 'Mange Tout' that was not included in the Canadian CD release of 'Second Helpings'.
Analogue
Take On Me

Postby Surly » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:39 am

[quote]Originally posted by yipyipcoyote
[br]Wow can't wait for that. Hope they would also add the 12" versions of 'Lucky Day' and 'Beach Culture'!! [;)]
[/quote]

Bonus tracks are "Heavens Above" and "The Kiss." CD comes with a bonus disc that features an interview from 1984.
Surly
The Jet Set

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations