Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A Flock of Seagulls "Dream Come True"

A Flock of Seagulls "Dream Come True"

Postby Julie_1 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:43 am

Almacantar Records has released, with permission from BMG, A Flock of Seagulls “Dream Come True” onto CD for the first time ever. It is officially available as of October 1, 2004. This is the real thing so order your CD today. Don’t miss out. Almacantar is striving to reissue 80’s music that never made it to CD. In order for us to be even partially profitable and continue to reissue new music we will not be going through the traditional distribution route. If you would like to buy this CD please visit www.almacantarrecords.com www.amazon.com www.ebay.com www.gemm.com www.half.com www.musicstack.com or www.idealcopy.com. If you want to see this CD in your local music store tell them to contact us directly and we will be happy to distribute it to them. We will be contacting many CD stores around the country ourselves; however it is almost impossible to get in touch with all of them. Our next release is going to be Pseudo Echo’s first album. Check our website often for updated news about the up coming reissues.
Julie_1
Running Up That Hill

Postby fritzb » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:05 am

Great news!

I have to say I'm truly looking forward to the Pseudo Echo release too! [8D]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:14 am

I've already ordered a AFOS CD, and I will DEFINITELY buy the Pseudo Echo when it comes out!! I hope the AFOS CD does well so that "The Story Of A Young Heart" gets reissued as well (with "Lost Control" as a bonus track, hint hint!)

[8D]
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Grunch » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:21 am

I already have ordered AFOS Dream Come True from Almacantar via gemm, in fact I was notifed today it has shipped, and I AM ELATED TO HEAR ABOUT PSEUDOECHO'S 1st LP on your list!!! Hope for that and many more to come!!
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:22 am

I won't be able to sleep until I get the Pseudo Echo cd. [:p] Question for Julie, are you guys using the original Aussie cover or are you using the US cover? Hope you guys use all the artwork from the Aussie album.

I'm so curious to see what other c
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Julie_1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:18 am

Go to our website www.almacantarrecords.com and we'll keep you posted with updates regarding the Pseudo Echo reissue. While you're there why not pick up a copy of "Dream Come True". To help keep the effort alive for reissues. If you want to see these r
Julie_1
Running Up That Hill

Postby Vertitron » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:01 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]

I'm so curious to see what other cd's you guys are going to release. I would love to see the fol
Vertitron
Running Up That Hill

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations