Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

When will U2's catalog get remastered?

When will U2's catalog get remastered?

Postby Lazlo Nibble » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:03 pm

With exhaustive Eurythmics and Kraftwerk reissue programs teed up, U2's early albums now rank as some of the most decrepit masterings in my CD collection. As far as I know, most of them haven't been touched since they first hit CD -- I'm still suffering with a day-of-issue copy of The Unforgettable Fire, which (if it came out at the same time as the LP) turned twenty years old this week. Surely when Island went back to do the best-ofs, they remastered the rest of the album tracks...right? Has anyone heard that Island/Universal are planning to revisit, say, "October" through "The Joshua Tree"? I promise I'd be very appreciative.
Lazlo Nibble
Take On Me

Postby Jason² » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:52 pm

Calls your attention to the massively neglected catalogs of:

Depeche Mode
The Smiths
New Order
Midnight Oil
Bauhaus
Joy Division
INXS (the 3 albums that matter)
and of course... The Sex Pistols "Never Mind The Bollocks..."
and a lot of others I
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Darkwave » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:02 pm

Hey Lazlo,Welcome to the NWO.
Really enjoy your discography site.
http://www.swcp.com/lazlo-bin/discogs

[:)][:)]
Darkwave
Personal Jesus

Postby Surly » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:51 am

I can answer this one, as I used to work for the label: It's up to the band as to when and if they get remastered. The label would love to do it, but because of the band's contract, it is up to the band. They (the band) would rather focus on making new re
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:03 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Surly[/i]
<br>I can answer this one, as I used to work for the label: It's up to the band as to when and if
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:22 am

Welcome Lazlo! The Discography Machine is one of the classic web music resources for me and many here I'm sure.

Lazlo and I worked at a software company called Basis (in Albuquerque,NM) back in the mid-90's, but that's none of my Business BASIC anymore
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Alex Hush » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:56 am

I want NewOrder Story on DVD
Alex Hush
Personal Jesus

Postby Lazlo Nibble » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:33 pm

Thanks for all the props for the Discography Machine, guys. Maybe someday I'll start updating it again! [8]

Jfiber: Okay, if I wanted to get anal I would probably put at least a half-dozen other artists (Yello, DEVO, Torch Song, Thomas Dolby...) ahead
Lazlo Nibble
Take On Me

Postby bruiser » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:58 am

lazlo, your site was my BIBLE back in the day. even corresponded with you, but you wouldn't remember. nothing of consequence.

i had heard that there were devo remasters coming, but never heard another thing about it. specifically "shout"... the cd mast
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby cubby » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:54 am

I agree Prince's catalog definitely needs remastering. I sort of thought this would be the year considering his comeback; and the 20th anniv of Purple Rain. By so far, no luck. The only thing I have heard about the Cure remasters is that there is a 2 c
cubby
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations