Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

I can't believe no one told me about these!

I can't believe no one told me about these!

Postby skinnytie » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:24 pm

While browsing through the import sections of both the local Virgin and Tower Records stores, I found these, that I didn't know existed:
Firstly, the first three Ian Dury and the Blockheads albums have been given the deluxe 2-CD treatment, all loaded with extra tracks, such as the obligatory non-lp A and B sides, live cuts from the Stiffs Live tour, among other things. The packaging on all looks really good, and I'm really surprised that someone (Edsel) gave these releases the deluxe treatment.
Secondly, I found another CD called "Music of B.E.F. (the Best of the British Electic Foundation)". This CD looks like it was released some time ago, but it was new to me. It's a collection of tunes that were on the "Music of Quality and Distinction Volume 1" record, plus songs that I assume came from a second volume, which seems to have been released in 1991. The bad thing is, 3 songs from the original Volume 1 release are missing ("The Secret Life of Arabia" and "It's Over" by Billy Mackenzie, and "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Bernie Nolan). I wasn't familiar with the other grouping of songs, so I can't say if anything is missing or not. But since this is the closest I'm ever going to get to having "Volume 1" on CD, it's a godsend.
I apologize if all this is old news to anyone, but I was very surprised to see these, and also surprised I never saw any posts about them. I guess it still pays to go browsing through the corporate CD shops, after all. [:)]
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:59 pm

[quote]Originally posted by skinnytie
[br]While browsing through the import sections of both the local Virgin and Tower Records stor
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:02 am

Skinnytie,

Those Ian Dury's are news to me as well. I wonder when they came out? I usually track these re-issues. Well, those slipped under my radar. Its amazing what gets re-issued with little fanfare while other re-issues you hear about way in adv
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby skinnytie » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:05 am

Schwenko: Thanks for the offer, but I still have my copy of the vinyl issue of "Music of Quality & Distinction Volume 1", so I still have those missing songs from the CD, just not on CD. If the missing tracks were issued on CD elsewhere, though, I'd love
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:07 pm

I do wish some label would pick up the Will Powers album and give it a proper re-release including all 12" mixes. The self-release CD-r is unfortunately mastered from vinyl. Still, a great, fun album.
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby skinnytie » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:50 am

I feel the same way, yipyipcoyote. The 12" version of "Adventures in Success" was over 8 minutes long, and had additional lyrics/ self-help advice in it as well. Too bad no bonus tracks were included. And of course, I'd love to get my hands on the vide
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby Lazlo Nibble » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:40 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by skinnytie[/i]
<br>Schwenko: Thanks for the offer, but I still have my copy of the vinyl issue of "Music of Q
Lazlo Nibble
Take On Me

Postby skinnytie » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:20 am

Lazlo Nibble: Thanks for the info, I've found info on it and have started looking for it. Incidentally, I came upon a web site concerning Billy Mackenzie while searching, and lo and behold, your name was attached to it! No wonder you knew about this to
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:42 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by skinnytie[/i]
yipyipcoyote: You mean Lynn Goldsmith put out that as a CD-R herself? I thought it was going
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations