Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Klub80--a must get CD series of 12" mixes

Klub80--a must get CD series of 12" mixes

Postby budaniel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 am

Hey all,

I recently discovered this Polish series put out by a label called 4EverMusic. Several volumes, many of them 2 discs, with titles like Romantic Klub80, Pop & Rock Klub80, Movie Klub80, Summer Klub80, Night Klub80, and Disco Klub80. I've purchased 6 volumes that have 80s 12" versions never on CD before. The guys who put these together either got the original masters or did astounding jobs remastering from vinyl--but they do give thanks to numerous labels inside for giving them the licenses to include the tracks and it appears the CDs are distributed by Warner Music Poland, so they may be original masters. It seems like they are doing what Ben Liebrand has been doing with the "Grand 12 Inches" series, attempting to preserve classic 12" mixes on digital format. Here's their output on the discogs site:

http://www.discogs.com/label/4everMUSIC

The compilations are a mix of 80s pop, new wave, R&B, dance, and europop, so if you are a fan of many different 80s genres, then you're really in for a treat.
budaniel
Room at the Top

Postby cork » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:02 am

Any view on these cds?

What websites are they available from?
cork
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:21 am

Great label, great series, the person who puts together these compilations is a good friend of mine. Highly recommended cd's all with great sound quality.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby budaniel » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:31 am

cork, you can actually buy his CDs directly from him on discogs. They're quite inexpensive, especially since several of them are two discs, and he ships them to you very fast. He does have an official website where he sells them, but it's not in English. I just bought mine through the discogs site.
budaniel
Room at the Top

Re: Klub80--a must get CD series of 12

Postby xymox970 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:41 am

This thread is more than 10 years old, but since I have now just opened a topic for collecting 12" compilations, I am very interested in all these series
and where to currently get it in decent shape.
Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby audiodile » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:07 pm

Discogs.com and eBay.

Sometimes there are resellers on Amazon with reasonable prices, but those are probably your best bet.
audiodile
Take On Me

Postby xymox970 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:17 am

I managed to track down volume one recently just because I found out, after a little research, that Midnight Summer Dream 12" is only available here.....for the time being......which is actually hard to believe after so many Stranglers compilations over the years....
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Tue May 31, 2022 1:08 am

xymox970 wrote:I managed to track down volume one recently just because I found out, after a little research, that Midnight Summer Dream 12" is only available here.....for the time being......which is actually hard to believe after so many Stranglers compilations over the years....

It's been on this for 30 years https://www.discogs.com/master/24222-Th ... lve-Inches
moni
Room at the Top

Postby xymox970 » Tue May 31, 2022 6:21 am

OK.......so I guess I missed the obvious one.....

:)
xymox970
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations