Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Japan "Quiet Life" (LP+3CD)

Re: Japan "Quiet Life" (LP+3CD)

Postby fozl1986 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:56 am

fozl1986
Switchin' to Glide

Postby discoginfo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 am

I am looking forward to a sound quality review by those of you with super ears and measuring equipment. Thanks.
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 am

I got the single cd, which sounds just like the 2003 remaster but slightly louder.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 am

CD 2 track 13 "All Tomorrows Parties (John Punter 7" Mix 1979)" is it previously unreleased?
Or is it the same as on ASSEMBLAGE? The duration is similar.
(I never trust the people who get paid to compile boxed like these, to use the word "mix" correctly)
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby FiveTenFifteen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:42 pm

discoginfo wrote:CD 2 track 13 "All Tomorrows Parties (John Punter 7" Mix 1979)" is it previously unreleased?
Or is it the same as on ASSEMBLAGE? The duration is similar.

It is indeed the same version as first released on ‘Assemblage’ in 1981 and not a new one.

While we are at it;
  • ‘Life In Tokyo’ ('Assemblage' 7" Remix 1981)
    Turns out that this is the same mix that first appeared in 1989 on the 'Souvenir From Japan’ compilation CD/cassette.
  • ‘Life In Tokyo’ ('Assemblage' 12” Remix 1981)
    This is the version that first appeared as the opening track of side 2 on the 1982 'Special Edition Double Play' cassette version of ‘Assemblage’. The good news is that the master used is in full stereo, unlike some of the occasions it has featured on previous compilations where it was in a form of mono instead. The not so good news... it is once again a few seconds shorter in the fade out compared to the original. More details on all that here: http://www.versioncrazy.com/2021/02/14/a-tourists-guide-to-life-in-tokyo-part-2/
FiveTenFifteen
Take On Me

Postby AudioChimp » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:02 am

Live at Budokan 27/03/1980 tracks are a strange addition and in my opinion could have been substituted for something much better... why shove an not so great audience recording where the screaming is louder than the singing is beyond me
AudioChimp
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:12 pm

The Japanese 7" of Quiet Life on here is previously unreleased. It's different to the other edits.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations