Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Classix Nouveaux Single- Inside Outside 2021

New Classix Nouveaux Single- Inside Outside 2021

Postby BigManRestless » Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 am

Yes it's true - posted on Facebook today that tomorrow there will be a new Classix Noveaux single, a re-recording of Inside Outside from the Night People album and a British single in 1981.

The note also says "We cannot promise any future recordings - and we do not expect to ever appear onstage together again - but we enjoyed collaborating on this recording, and we hope you will enjoy it too - BP, Sal, Mik, Gary"

I would dearly love to see them reform for some live shows.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Re: New Classix Nouveaux Single- Inside Outside 2021

Postby drivel » Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 am

drivel
Take On Me

Postby MrOktober » Sun May 09, 2021 2:20 pm

I am automatically wary of any song with a year after its title (Don't Stand So Close To me 86, Blue Monday 88, Indigo Eyes 98) and I'm sorry to say that this is even worse than the aforementioned. Vocals autotuned to the point of unintelligibility. What was the point of this?
See through faded, super jaded and out of my mind
MrOktober
Take On Me

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am

Interesting news! This was the band that had near zero chances of reforming - and here they are :D The song's very timely, though, a good choice considering the current sociopolitical climate.

Musically quite good, though I'm a bit baffled about the vocals - why so much effects? I understand Sal cannot sing as powerfully as in the early 1980s but this much processing was really unnecessary.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 am

Yeah that was a bit of a let-down, Sal's vocals especially.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Thu May 20, 2021 5:40 am

I have no problem with the beat of the song but it seems that we all agree that Sal's voice is too made up by the autotune. A pity, I would have liked to hear it without so much artifact
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations