Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New album by xPropaganda

Re: New album by xPropaganda

Postby AJWAVE » Sun May 29, 2022 6:16 am

xymox970 wrote:Everybody giving rave reviews (or at least it seems so), so I was eager to listen to the first two promo videos available on Youtube
and must admit that I am not very impressed. Sounds very generic & uninspired to my ears.
Maybe the album is a better listening experince......I certainly hope so.....

Anyway, it seems to make the heart & soul of the Propaganda sound has always been mr. Mertens (or it is the other one?), in combination with the masterful production of Lipson + Horn......

It sounds good, it's not something awesome but it is quite acceptable.
I had only bought the two songs that appeared on YouTube and then I ended up buying the entire album. :)
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:41 am

xymox970 wrote:Everybody giving rave reviews (or at least it seems so), so I was eager to listen to the first two promo videos available on Youtube
and must admit that I am not very impressed. Sounds very generic & uninspired to my ears.
Maybe the album is a better listening experince......I certainly hope so.....
I didn't give this a go until all the tracks were on YouTube, so I started with the first two. Sounded pretty good to my ears, so I gave the two singles a listen, and thought they were weaker.

Bought the double-disc set. Surprisingly, the single and double was available on amazon.ca, and the double was actually cheaper. First listen, I thought it was great. Second listen, not so much. Some of the tracks could do with less lyrics (like the one that has the repeating words, Beauty is Truth ? ... lies, lies, lies), but easy enough to splice your own mix with the instrumental versions, since both discs have the exact same cue sheet, meaning you can cut/replace using exact time-stamps and it should be perfect.

Highlight for me is the last track, Ribbons of Steel, even though I think the horns sounds out of place here.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby 80rulez » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:52 am

Managed to get the CD for S$28 in Singapore during my business trip. The recording seems a bit too loud for my taste.
80rulez
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:36 am

A friend gave me his old Blu-Ray player so I can hear the album now. It's dark and rich while less manic than "A Secret Wish." The presence of trumpets and brass give it a touch of Jazz that linked back to material like "A Dream Within A Dream" or Lipson's Jazz guitar solo in "The Murder Of Love." It's very successful to these ears as being [x]Propaganda 38 years later.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations