Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Rubellan Remasters news update

Rubellan Remasters news update

Postby Rubellan » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:57 pm

For those who may not have been aware of the most recent news items, here they are in summary:

Currently available for pre-order: Divinyls 'Temperamental' CD with 3 bonus tracks. Official release date is April 8. https://www.rubellanremasters.com/online-store

Visage 'Fade To Grey - The Singles Collection' expanded color LP should be available for pre-order in May.

New title annoucements:
Peter Baumann 'Repeat Repeat' 1981 album coming to CD in May. This will be represented in the original UK configuration with the original 10 tracks remastered from the absolute original master. The versions of a couple of songs on the USA edition could not be included, as they are held by Sony and not Universal.

Missing Persons 'Spring Session M' 40th Anniversary edition on two different colored vinyl options, hopefully available in August

Split Enz 'History Never Repeats - The Best of Split Enz' LP reissue on two different colored vinyl variations, hopefully available in September.

Represses of the Oingo Boingo vinyl LP's are still coming, as is another small vinyl repress of Divinyls 'Essential'.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: Rubellan Remasters news update

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:30 am

I remember hearing that Peter Baumann flexi in Trouser Press with Altered Images back in the day. That might bear some investigation 40 years later [are we THAT old?]. Possible Prog-Goes-New-Wave action of interest! Not sure about "Temperamental." I never played that one much. Should revisit my original pressing to evaluate.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby RevUp64 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:14 am

Temperamental sounds fantastic, as expected, and great to have the bonus tracks, too. Another great job!
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ABOATES » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:11 pm

Cool. I like Peter Baumann. The Repeat Repeat album has shades of Robert Palmer's Johnny and Mary track for me. I also very much love Split Enz, but always thought the History Never Repeats CD sounded a bit thin and brittle. Any chance that one will be on CD as well? I loved the Oingo Boingo CD remasters! In particular, I think Good For Your Soul sounds amazing!
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby chris74 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:47 pm

I appreciate your efforts for those re-releases very much. Do you have any plans to offer the latest Visage album also via amazon? Getting it as an import from the US means postage to Germany is higher than the price of the CD alone...
chris74
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:59 pm

chris74 wrote:I appreciate your efforts for those re-releases very much. Do you have any plans to offer the latest Visage album also via amazon? Getting it as an import from the US means postage to Germany is higher than the price of the CD alone...

There has been an ongoing drama getting the title listed on the Amazon sites. There was a problem with the data upload and it sounds like it's turned into major surgery to get it corrected, and it still hasn't in all this time. Although, we keep being informed "we're working on it". That said, I cringe anytime someone uses the phrase "the shipping is higher than the cost of the CD", and I cannot count the times. It makes me want to raise my CD prices to always be just above the shipping cost so no one can make the claim anymore ;-)
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:01 pm

ABOATES wrote:Cool. I like Peter Baumann. The Repeat Repeat album has shades of Robert Palmer's Johnny and Mary track for me. I also very much love Split Enz, but always thought the History Never Repeats CD sounded a bit thin and brittle. Any chance that one will be on CD as well? I loved the Oingo Boingo CD remasters! In particular, I think Good For Your Soul sounds amazing!

I sent in requests for some of the Enz albums for CD reissue at the same time I sent in the LP request. Hopefully, those will eventually come my way. Happy to hear you are enjoying the Boingo remasters. It's been a very well received catalog.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:53 pm

chris74 wrote:I appreciate your efforts for those re-releases very much. Do you have any plans to offer the latest Visage album also via amazon? Getting it as an import from the US means postage to Germany is higher than the price of the CD alone...

It is available at a good price from Germany!
https://www.grooves-inc.com/product_info.php/products_id/2100524973
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:58 am

discoginfo wrote:

Yes, outside of Amazon there are many other places that do in fact carry it. Not sure if I mentioned it here before but Amazon US requires a 13% discount off of the wholesale cost to stock an item, and that relatively new requirement means that some of my sales at Amazon US are actually at a financial loss to me. This percentage does not come into play when it's a third party seller selling one of my titles on Amazon US, so I've had most of my catalog blocked from being able to be stocked by Amazon but are still listed there as third party sales. I mention US specifically because it doesn't seem the 13% discount requirement carries over to the non-US Amazon sites. Amazon is the enemy, that is for certain.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:58 am

Rubellan wrote:
discoginfo wrote:

Yes, outside of Amazon there are many other places that do in fact carry it. Not sure if I mentioned it here before but Amazon US requires a 13% discount off of the wholesale cost to stock an item, and that relatively new requirement means that some of my sales at Amazon US are actually at a financial loss to me. This percentage does not come into play when it's a third party seller selling one of my titles on Amazon US, so I've had most of my catalog blocked from being able to be stocked by Amazon but are still listed there as third party sales. I mention US specifically because it doesn't seem the 13% discount requirement carries over to the non-US Amazon sites. Amazon is the enemy, that is for certain.

Amazon is the enemy of everyone except Jeff Bezos. He is both the Ernst Stavros Blofeld AND Hugo Drax of Late Capitalism! It grossly disturbs me that Bond Villains™ are now possible in real life thanks to the removal of impediments to staggering wealth concentration in the last 40 years of Neoliberal governments.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Glenn » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:07 pm

Rubellan wrote:I sent in requests for some of the Enz albums for CD reissue at the same time I sent in the LP request. Hopefully, those will eventually come my way. Happy to hear you are enjoying the Boingo remasters. It's been a very well received catalog.

The Enz albums on CD would be great. The prior reissues are very difficult to track down. Had had most of them but sold them off a few years ago which I now regret. Re Boingo, these CD reissues were great. Was excited to hear you are requesting to do a couple more projects for them. Hoping for So-Lo and Boi-Ngo (1987) with the vinyl-only remixes included ('Gratitude', 'Pain', 'Not My Slave') as well as any 7" edits and non-LP tracks from the era.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:20 pm

postpunkmonk wrote:
Rubellan wrote:

Amazon is the enemy of everyone except Jeff Bezos. He is both the Ernst Stavros Blofeld AND Hugo Drax of Late Capitalism! It grossly disturbs me that Bond Villains™ are now possible in real life thanks to the removal of impediments to staggering wealth concentration in the last 40 years of Neoliberal governments.

i don't know about that. i buy thousands of items online each year, most of it music. so amazon is just another source.
if they have the cheapest price. i buy it from them. i don't care who sells it, if it's what i want. they will get my money.

that said, i support a ton of individual sellers through discogs, and ebays. again, as long as the price is right. (and sometimes
when its not).

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby chris74 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:04 pm

First of all: Thank you discoginfo for the link where to get the CD!

The thing with high postage is that when I order the CD for about 15 dollars and add 16 for postage then I also have to pay an import duty of approx. 20% on everything from outside the EU (that means CD plus postage) and on top of that another 6 Euros of fees to the German Mail for collecting the import tax which makes the CD quite expensive. So a CD at originally 15 dollars turns into an almost 40 dollars CD. Rubellan, I really think that you deserve to make a profit on these rereleases (and I didn't know that Amazon was so greedy). Although I am not a huge fan of Amazon, in some cases buying there is the simplest solution.
chris74
Take On Me

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations