Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Erasure - 'Day-Glo – Based On A True Story' album out Aug 12

Erasure - 'Day-Glo – Based On A True Story' album out Aug 12

Postby Glenn » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:39 am

From their website:
Erasure have today announced that the last part of their ‘The Neon’ project will be an album entitled ‘Day-Glo – Based On A True Story’ which will be released on August 12th.

An unexpected bonus record, ‘Day-Glo – Based On A True Story’ was born out of Vince Clarke’s lockdown experimentation when he kept himself occupied by manipulating the sound files that he had produced for ‘The Neon’ in new directions, leading him to discover another album hidden within the folds of the original. But although you can hear snatches of the original album from time to time ‘Day-Glo – Based On A True Story’ bears little resemblance to ‘The Neon’. As Vince unravelled ‘The Neon’ he brought Andy in to provide new vocals and, where ‘The Neon’ was mostly an upbeat dance record, ‘Day-Glo – Based On A True Story’ is more atmospheric and introspective.

‘Day-Glo – Based On A True Story’ will be released on August 12th and will be available in CD and fluorescent green vinyl editions from Mute Bank and Lexer Music as well as from all good online and offline record shops the world over. The album will also be available to download and stream from August 12th.

‘DAY-GLO – BASED ON A TRUE STORY’ TRACKLISTING
Based on a True Story / Bop Beat / Pin-Prick / The Conman / Now / Inside Out / Harbour of My Heart / 3 Strikes and You’re Out / The Shape of Things / The End
Glenn
Take On Me

Re: Erasure - 'Day-Glo – Based On A True Story' album out Au

Postby AudioChimp » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:33 am

so from the info am i correct in assuming it is going to be more like past collaborations with martin gore or martyn ware with not much sign of andy bell on the tracks?
AudioChimp
Take On Me

Postby Glenn » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:54 am

Preview posted on YouTube. Does include Andy's vocals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QQTRwCFkV4
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:26 pm

I haven't bought this CD yet, but I listened to a free preview on Bandcamp and I have to say it's a very interesting listen, will definitely be picking it up! Refreshing to hear them be a little more experimental and outside the box. I've always had a deep appreciation for Andy Bell's lush and layered background vocal arrangements, so it's a real treat to have those basically get showcased here as "lead" vocals. I was admittedly a bit disappointed with "The Neon" overall, but "Day-Glo" has definitely captured my attention.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pm

AudioChimp wrote:so from the info am i correct in assuming it is going to be more like past collaborations with martin gore or martyn ware with not much sign of andy bell on the tracks?

Andy's vocals are all over this album, but not in the conventional lead/background vocal roles. Much of the vocals are manipulated snippets pieced together to create often nonsensical melodies. Rather than singing lyrics, it's more about employing a cut and paste method using vocal elements to create melodic sound structures. The "lead vocal" is often layered, cavernous "background" vocals, which prove surprisingly effective.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby djdav » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:04 am

absolutely terrible
djdav
Running Up That Hill

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:01 pm

A very interesting and intriguing approach, I listened to it with lots of pleasure. My firm favourite is "Inside out", but nearly everything is cool. Didn't expect such a brave and unorthodox move from Erasure.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations