Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Billy Idol (Expanded Edition) 2CD

Billy Idol (Expanded Edition) 2CD

Postby omar » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:36 am

Billy's debut solo album from 1982 is remastered/expanded out July 28th through Chrysalis/Capitol.

DISC 1 - Billy Idol
1. Come On, Come On
2. White Wedding (Part 1)
3. Hot In The City
4. Dead On Arrival
5. Nobody’s Business
6. Love Calling
7. Hole In The Wall
8. Shooting Stars
9. It’s So Cruel
10. Congo Man
11. White Wedding (Clubland Extended Remix) (Previously Unreleased)

DISC 2 - Live At The Roxy, 1982 (Previously Unreleased)
1. Baby Talk
2. Untouchables
3. Come On, Come On
4. Hot In the City
5. Dead On Arrival
6. Heavens Inside
7. Ready Steady Go
8. Hole In The Wall
9. Shooting Stars
10. Kiss Me Deadly
11. White Wedding
12. Nobody’s Business
13. Dancing With Myself
14. Mony Mony
15. Triumph

No real bonus tracks except for the White Wedding (Club Mix). Where's the 7"/12" versions of Hot In The City and White Wedding?
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Billy Idol (Expanded Edition) 2CD

Postby Glenn » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:43 am

Wow, timely as you were just suggesting this earlier this week (Billy Idol reissues). Yeah, where are the non-album tracks?... That's sad they were skipped. Was hoping for comprehensive reissues with all the non-album mixes/edits/b-sides etc. Come on.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby omar » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:02 am

Glenn wrote:Wow, timely as you were just suggesting this earlier this week (Billy Idol reissues). Yeah, where are the non-album tracks?... That's sad they were skipped. Was hoping for comprehensive reissues with all the non-album mixes/edits/b-sides etc. Come on.

Not too keen on the Billy Idol reissue unless there's b-sides and remixes. I won't be surprised to see more Chrysalis artists getting the reissue treatment soon. A brand new Spandau boxset was apparently in the works for a while now, let's see if we hear of that soon.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:58 am

Yeah, there are several mixes that have never been released on CD. Really bummed about this. They could have also included the Don't Stop EP on this one.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby danadotcom » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:43 pm

Saw this headline & clicked with great eagerness...But wow, what a truly rotten "bonus" track listing. Yes, totally agree with all the mentioned missed opportunities here--the 12" & 7" mixes, b-sides, maybe some demo & vaulted material, the Don't Stop tracks. I love this album, every track a killer. "It's So Cruel" takes me right back to...well, it takes me right back. But this expanded edition is a very pass.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:00 am

I wonder if they will use the original cover, with Billy wearing the rising sun shirt.

Not a fan of full live albums in these expanded editions, but at least they didn't bundle it with a vinyl album :) .

Yay, Congo Man is back! I'll buy this if the price is right.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:09 am

Yeah, nice to get Congo Man on CD finally. This is the original tracklisting with that track in and without Dancing With Myself which had been tacked on in its place after the initial release.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby budaniel » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:08 pm

Got my copy, and the bonus 12-minute mix of White Wedding is fine until about the last 3 minutes, when it sounds like two new filler riffs are layered onto the mix and make it sound messy for the rest of the song, drowning out a bunch of previously unheard Billy vocal ad-libs. Better off just sticking to the original 8-minute parts 1 & 2 version.
budaniel
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:23 am

Cool, so the US has a version with the original "rising sun" cover:
https://www.discogs.com/release/28127854

Or is it just the booklet flipped around?
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:52 am

obs wrote:Cool, so the US has a version with the original "rising sun" cover:
https://www.discogs.com/release/28127854

Or is it just the booklet flipped around?

I have the new US 2-CD and it does NOT have that cover and that picture is not featured in the booklet at all. I see that is signed so it may have been a limited edition on his site or his record company's site. It's not available on his site when I checked today.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby obs » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:34 am

Thanks, I didn't notice the signature. What did he do, sign the cellowrap? No wonder nobody has opened it :-D .

I wish those dudes at Discogs would have said where they got it.

He was here (in Vancouver) in August, although I didn't see him. A friend did, though, but he didn't mention anything about merchandise, although he's not into buying CDs. He's more into the vinyl trend *snicker*.

I don't get these guys, record label or artist. It's a minor thing, but I would be more inclined to buy it if it had the original cover, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Making a limited edition with the original cover doesn't necessarily help, either, except initial sales. For example, I never bought New Order's Retro because the 5th disc was never available in Canada, as far as I know.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:59 pm

obs wrote:Thanks, I didn't notice the signature. What did he do, sign the cellowrap? No wonder nobody has opened it :-D .

I wish those dudes at Discogs would have said where they got it.

He was here (in Vancouver) in August, although I didn't see him. A friend did, though, but he didn't mention anything about merchandise, although he's not into buying CDs. He's more into the vinyl trend *snicker*.

I don't get these guys, record label or artist. It's a minor thing, but I would be more inclined to buy it if it had the original cover, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Making a limited edition with the original cover doesn't necessarily help, either, except initial sales. For example, I never bought New Order's Retro because the 5th disc was never available in Canada, as far as I know.

Have been a fan of his since the 80s but never seen him live. I think that other cover would have been a good move for the reissue. I know the US changed the cover back in the day.

I do have the Retro box with the extra disc. It had some cool extra tracks some of which have since come out on CD (full Elegia and The Perfect Kiss live video version). I really like Temptation '98 on there.
Glenn
Take On Me

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations