Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

OMD Bauhaus Staircase Ltd CD Single Oct 13

OMD Bauhaus Staircase Ltd CD Single Oct 13

Postby Glenn » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:49 am

5-Trk CD single out Oct 13

1 - Bauhaus Staircase (Album Version)
2 - Don't Go (Album Version)
3 - The Rock Drill
4 - Bauhaus Staircase (Extended Mix)
5 - Bauhaus Staircase (Stealing Sheep Remix)

The 12" and 7" singles have sold out. CD limited to 1500 copies. The release isn't easy to find on their UK or US store. Link below. Will sell out.

https://omd.uk.com/products/cd-single
Glenn
Take On Me

Re: OMD Bauhaus Staircase Ltd CD Single Oct 13

Postby Glenn » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:44 am

The link to the CD single no longer works. I now see the 7" and 12" on their products page both 'sold out' but no entry for the CD single at all...
Glenn
Take On Me

Re: OMD Bauhaus Staircase Ltd CD Single Oct 13

Postby WLR » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:03 am

I must admit I was seriously worried about the new album after hearing "Bauhaus Staircase", a very average track and the dreadful "Slow Train", however, I am happy to report that the other 10 tracks on the album are awesome, why they chose those 2 tracks as tasters for the album I will never know.

The album is full of quality tracks "Anthropocene", "Look At You Now", "Where We Started", "Veruschka" (In my all time Top 10 OMD tracks), "Aphroditie's Favourite Child" and the BANGER that is "Kleptocracy" (Play this one very loud, if they play this live it will work the crowd to a frenzy!).

Aside from the 2 tracks I have mentioned this is one of OMD's best ever albums, fabulous futuristic sound.

For a band that has been going over 40 years (and never got the respect they deserve), they can't half knock a tune out!

Fantatsic album 8.5/10
WLR
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations