Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

CLASSIX NOUVEAUX: Battle Cry

CLASSIX NOUVEAUX: Battle Cry

Postby AJWAVE » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:34 am

The fourth Classix Nouveaux Album "Battle Cry" just released.
I downloaded my copy from Bandcamp :wink:

Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Re: CLASSIX NOUVEAUX: Battle Cry

Postby Uvox » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:17 am

decent music

found on the web --

40 years after their last album ‘Secret’ was released in 1983, Classix Nouveaux are back with a brand new album entitled ‘Battle Cry’. Containing nine tracks including seven brand new compositions plus ‘Never Never Comes’ and ‘Interlude/Inside Outside’ which have been re-imagined for the 21st century. Featuring a very guitar-rock sound and also contains a couple of instrumentals which is something that the band used to do on their early albums.
In the words of lead singer Sal Solo, this is how the album came аbout:
“The reason this project came about after 40 years is really because of the fans. About 10 years ago,
some of the Classix fans were making Facebook pages but it didn’t really come to our attention until a couple of years back. We realised these people are really dedicated and decided to give them a kind of birthday present.
I said to the guys ‘Why don’t we do a recording together and surprise the fans?’ Everybody said yes and so we did a quick remake of one of our old songs “Inside Outside” and to our surprise everyone’s immediately talking about new material!
We’d never thought about doing new Classix material – we thought it was over years ago. After a few weeks of agonising, we suddenly realised we could be as we are now. In the light of our increased experience and the fact that our fans are mature as well, we decided we would just make the music that we like today.
It didn’t take a lot of persuasion to get everyone on board. It’s the original line-up from the first two albums – what people consider the ‘classic’ line-up. We’ve all been in other bands, but somehow, we’ve all just seemed to gravitate back to Classix Nouveaux. It feels like a natural home. We hadn’t been in touch for many, many years and so this album is really what’s brought us back together.”
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:19 am

Played the Album and liked a lot of it (musically ) but unfortunately the vocals sound fairly weak and Autotuned , Obviously cant expect Sal to retain his soaring vocals from his youth but it does sound a bit processed . It works on some of the more slower tracks
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:21 am

I'm (very) pleasantly surprised how good it is. Like you say, Sal's vocals are a bit subdued, but over all this is an excellent come back. Now I hope they tour!
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations