Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Kim Wilde - Love Blonde: The RAK Years 1981-1983 - (4CD Box

Kim Wilde - Love Blonde: The RAK Years 1981-1983 - (4CD Box

Postby Fred80s » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:09 am

Kim Wilde - Love Blonde: The RAK Years 1981-1983 - (4CD Box Set) [2024-02-23]

https://www.roughtrade.com/en-gb/produc ... -1981-1983

Kim Wilde - Love Blonde: The RAK Years 1981-1983 - (4CD Box Set)

Kim Wilde has blazed a trail ever since she made her debut with the indelible ‘Kids in America’ back in 1981. Kim’s early hits on Mickie Most’s RAK Records blend angsty new wave energy with the innate pop sensibility she shares with her chief collaborators, brother Ricky and father Marty.

‘Love Blonde: The RAK Years’ is the most comprehensive collection of Kim’s RAK output ever assembled. Boasting 50 tracks across four CDs, it brings together three classic studio albums, ‘Kim Wilde’, ‘Select’ and ‘Catch as Catch Can’, each remastered and expanded with bonus tracks, plus ‘Special Disco Mixes’. Featuring era-authentic artwork and previously unseen photos, this exclusive remix album features 12” versions of ten singles, extended and reinvented in the spirit of the 80s. Six of these mixes have been newly commissioned especially for this package.

This package features an impressive roll call of UK hit singles: ‘Kids in America’ (#2), ‘Chequered Love’ (#4), ‘Water on Glass’ (#11), ‘Cambodia’ (#12), ‘View From a Bridge’ (#16), ‘Child Come Away’ (#43), ‘Love Blonde’ (#23) and ‘Dancing in the Dark’ (#67). Kim’s global appeal also led to further overseas releases such as ‘Bitter Is Better’, ‘Take Me Tonight’ and ‘House of Salome’. Bonus material including B-sides and album out-takes from the album sessions rounds out a complete survey of Kim’s RAK years.

Presented in a stunning lift-off lid box with special print finish, each album in this package is housed in a gatefold sleeve featuring the original vinyl artwork. The 48-page booklet features lyrics, a RAK discography, rare photos and new sleeve notes written by Kim Wilde expert Marcel Rijs.

Kim’s diary looks as busy as ever, with live dates across Europe lined up for 2024 and a new studio album on the horizon. We are delighted to continue our successful partnership with this perennial icon of British pop!

"Kim Wilde - Love Blonde: The RAK Years 1981-1983" is out Friday, 23rd February 2024 on Cherry Red Records and available for pre-order now.

NB: All products ordered with a pre-order will be dispatched together close to the latest pre-order release date. If you want earlier dispatched for another product then please place separate order(s).
Tracklisting
DISC ONE - KIM WILDE

WATER ON GLASS
OUR TOWN
EVERYTHING WE KNOW
YOUNG HEROES
KIDS IN AMERICA
CHEQUERED LOVE
2-6-5-8-0
YOU’LL NEVER BE SO WRONG
FALLING OUT
TUNING IN TUNING ON
SHANE
BOYS
HE WILL BE THERE

DISC TWO - SELECT

EGO
WORDS FELL DOWN
ACTION CITY
VIEW FROM A BRIDGE
JUST A FEELING
CHAOS AT THE AIRPORT
TAKE ME TONIGHT
CAN YOU COME OVER
WENDY SADD
CAMBODIA
CAMBODIA – REPRISE
CHILD COME AWAY
BITTER IS BETTER
WATCHING FOR SHAPES
JUST ANOTHER GUY

DISC THREE - CATCH AS CATCH CAN

HOUSE OF SALOME
BACK STREET JOE
STAY AWHILE
LOVE BLONDE
DREAM SEQUENCE
DANCING IN THE DARK
SHOOT TO DISABLE
CAN YOU HEAR IT
SPARKS
SING IT OUT FOR LOVE
RAIN ON
BACK SEAT DRIVER

DISC FOUR - SPECIAL DISCO MIXES

KIDS IN AMERICA [LUKE MORNAY REMIX]
CHEQUERED LOVE [MATT POP EXTENDED VERSION]
WATER ON GLASS [PROJECT K SOUNDTRACK] *
CAMBODIA [MATT POP EXTENDED VERSION]
VIEW FROM A BRIDGE [PROJECT K SOUNDTRACK] *
TAKE ME TONIGHT [LUKE MORNAY PROFONDO GIALLO MIX] *
CHILD COME AWAY [MATT POP REMIX]
LOVE BLONDE [PROJECT K’S LIMELIGHT MIX] *
DANCING IN THE DARK [LUKE MORNAY MOONLIGHT MIX] *
HOUSE OF SALOME [LUKE MORNAY MIXOF THE SEVEN VEILS] *

* EXCLUSIVE NEW 2024 MIX
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Re: Kim Wilde - Love Blonde: The RAK Years 1981-1983 - (4CD

Postby Uvox » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:34 am

Some stars are reissued every year, the same old albums where we know every note and word.

The others remain obscure even if they were interesting and promising at that era, but they did not make millions for their labels for some reason.

2024 remixes are a special feature - who the f**k needs them??????????????

"each album in this package is housed in a gatefold sleeve featuring the original vinyl artwork" - Select and Kids in America were gatefold vynil releases??????? can't remember this///
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby ZippY » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:59 pm

Have the 2020 reissues: The Matt Pop remixes (especially Cambodia) are really nice to have. :)
But then again, those reissues/remasters are more 'complete' or 'definitive' so to say.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 pm

Is there really a need to clutter the market with this when so much music remains unreleased on CD or digitally? It's not really like the record companies are out of stuff, even if they behave like they are.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby RevUp64 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm

I had to check to see who was releasing this, as this RAK material has been released over and over again. Surprised to see it's Cherry Red again, but these albums must keep selling, or why would they bother? That 4th disc is pointless, but at least this set compiles the albums and their associated b-sides and non-album tracks for anyone that doesn't have them already, whoever that might be.
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby eddie » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:35 am

Uvox wrote:Some stars are reissued every year, the same old albums where we know every note and word.

The others remain obscure even if they were interesting and promising at that era, but they did not make millions for their labels for some reason.

2024 remixes are a special feature - who the f**k needs them??????????????

"each album in this package is housed in a gatefold sleeve featuring the original vinyl artwork" - Select and Kids in America were gatefold vynil releases??????? can't remember this///

I have the original vinyl, nothing gatefold about them.
apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Fred Taghon » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:03 pm

I love my 2CD+DVD Cherry Red sets from 2020. Even many of the new remixes are surprisingly good! And the albums remasters were fantastic. Was really hoping Cherry Red would continue that format for "Teases And Dares" and "Another Step". I do have the 2010 remasters for those two, but would love for them to get the same remaster quality of those 2020 releases.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations