Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

So I work in a vinyl warehouse...

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

So I work in a vinyl warehouse...

Postby Spectre General » Sun May 06, 2007 3:18 pm

Some of you already know this, but I'm going to take a moment to mention to you all what it is that I do for a living. Since this is vinyl related I think this is a good section of the board to mention this.

I am the editor of a magazine called "The Record Finder" and I work for a company called "Record Finders" and what we do is sell vinyl records.

This company is literaly housed in two (yes two) warehouses full of vinyl records that we sell to walk-in customers, over the phone or internet at our website (www.recordfinders.com) as well as our e-Bay store (www.stores.ebay.com/plan9music) as well as GEMM and Music Stack. We have over 200,000 records in our online catalog, and well over 1,000,000 (yes that's one million) in the building. I've heard more than one customer say, when given a glimpse into the warehouse area; "This reminds me of the final scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark." You truly do have to see it to believe it.

As you might imagine, we don't focus on any one particular genre, or even type of record, we have tons of 78's, 45's and LPs from all time periods.

The one thing we do that is unique is our magazine. "The Record Finder" is an auction magazine, where we list usually around 13,000 records we've aquired one way or the other and mail to thousands of people in dozens of countries. This is a silent auction, and it is where you will find the best of what we have to offer. Usually we have a new magazine every 2 and 1/2 months or so, but you can also view the auction at our website.

Our website is brand new, we're pretty happy with it, but there are kinks that our web guys are working on as we speak. If you want to visit it to get an idea of what we do the link once again is www.recordfinders.com.

I don't mean for this to be a sort of spam advertising my job, I honestly think that you might find this interesting, that and I'm not just Joe random member who has 3 posts and signed up yesterday. And for those of you who still buy vinyl although a minority of what we sell is New Wave you may in fact find a record of two that you were looking for if you check with us. I know I have.

We also buy large collections of records, as well as sell them on consignment in our auctions, if you're interested in this at all, or if you have any other concerns don't hesitate to call us. Our number is on our webpage.

Ultimately I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a job like this, there are likely only a handful of businesses like Record Finders still in existance, especially on the scale that we are. I've even talked to MikeP about adding a link which we will probably do. I hope that I'll be able to help some of you in some way soon [:)].

~ Your fellow vinyl lover,
Jonathan Updike
Spectre General
The Jet Set

Return to Vinylmania!