Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

how do you store your vinyl??

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

how do you store your vinyl??

Postby bpdp3 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:12 am

How do you store your vinyl collection?

I have a wooden thing about 50" long and 4 levels high that a good friend built for me in the 90's. I also have various crappy shelves that I built myself. I've also converted bookshelves that I bought at KMart so that records would fit in them. The shelves are a little shorter than the size of an lp. I had to fortify them as well since they weren't really intended for the weight of vinyl.

It's disappointing that you can't walk into your local KMart and buy a record shelf. You'd think that bookshelves would work, but they really don't.

I've got about 4800 lps (and growing) and I need more storage space. What I have is CRAMMED, way too tight.
bpdp3
The Jet Set

Postby Ollie Stench » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:27 am

I had a friend (who is a professional carpenter) build me a shelf that holds about 1200 12". That's crammed and there's 6 LP boxes scattered around that are full. I've got 6 7" boxes stacked on top of each other next to my closet door. When I get a per
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:07 am

Me, I just bought very nice metal shelves (full back and sides) from office depot (they delivered to boot) and fully put together, you just put the shelves in as you want them. They have 5 full shelves, each 12 inches deep, and each shelf can hold up to 3
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:11 am

Actually, I don't I just recently bought them, I have had them about 3 1/2 years now. Just that I went to metal shelves that are even better than I could have imagined.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Lazlo Nibble » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:10 am

Ikea's "Expedit" shelves are great for records. I have a 72"x72" model that currently holds ~1700 LPs and 12" singles with room left over for at least another 500-600, and unlike some of the record shelving solutions I've cobbled together in the past, it
Lazlo Nibble
Take On Me

Return to Vinylmania!