Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Ear Candy---

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Ear Candy---

Postby Frayo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:45 am

I dont know where to put this. I heard their song "Part of me"...obscure...brilliant IMHO. I love this song and cant find any material or anything. Nada, el zippo.

Anybody know of, have any stuff, or have any releases?
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:14 am

We had a female synth-duo called Ear Candy around Minneapolis a few years ago. I don't think they released anything but I will look into it.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby eight6 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:37 am

Frayo:

The Ear Candy you're looking for was a local Toronto band. The ep was released privately. Part of Me was one the songs on that ep. I 've got a copy of two in the basement (somewhere) I'll see what I can do. BTW did you ever get a hold of Mike E
eight6
Room at the Top

Postby Panorama » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:04 am

I'd like to hear Ear Candy's 'Part of Me' if you can post it up at some point. Never heard of them.

Especially after Frayo calls them brilliant.
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby eight6 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:10 pm

Hey Dan:

Don't have that one on mp3 yet, but you can listen to it via the online radio at:

http://www.flashbackalternatives.com/

The quality isn't the best but it will give an idea. Takes about 45 minutes (at least that was my experience) for the
eight6
Room at the Top

Return to Vinylmania!