Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

new wave vinyl in greece

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

new wave vinyl in greece

Postby firefall » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:27 am

Here in Greece ,it's not easy to find such underrated-cult records from the new wave era.But my music passion has led me to an exausting hunting for such things. My latest vinyl discoveries are these;SPORTING LIFE''SPORTING LIFE''-quirky 10cc type new wave pop,GLORIA MUNDI''i individual''-lunatic post punk,maybe an influential band for birthday party,BABY BUDDHA''music for teenage sex''-sophisticated electronic pop for rainy days and for only 1 euro; 20/20''look out'',NATIVE SON,SUMNER,JOHNNY MOPED,COWBOYS INTERNATIONAL,CAFE ZACQUE,PASSIONS,GOOD RATS,DAVID KUBINEC-these two are glam rock and the incredibly fine NERVOUS EATERS.It's my first time in forum and i feel wonderful to share with others my music fantasies!
firefall
Personal Jesus

Postby Ollie Stench » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:02 pm

Nice scores from Greece! Kraftwerk had some Greek releases, I believe Numan had some as well.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby pilon » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:24 am

Have you find Punk or new wawe local greek bands from the 80's

bye

pilon
pilon
Take On Me

Postby firefall » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:33 pm

Yes pilon,Ihave some;Villa 21 and Yell o yell are typical goth post punk,frightening atmosphere with english lyrics!Also South of no North,Metro Decay,Clown,Last drive,Cpt nephos and Sharp Ties cover a long line of different styles;new-dark wave,garage ro
firefall
Personal Jesus

Postby pilon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:25 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by firefall[/i]
<br>Yes pilon,Ihave some;Villa 21 and Yell o yell are typical goth post punk,frightening atmosp
pilon
Take On Me

Postby pilon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:46 am

for firefall some adresses and history of the greek scenes

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/greece/Main.html

The 80's Punk greek scene

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Bi ... sscene.htm

wipe out records one of the best
pilon
Take On Me

Postby firefall » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:19 am

For pilon some other bands;Antidrasi(reaction)-political punk rock with metal influences,Gulag-also punk rock ,a bit poppy,Johnny Vavouras and the Cadillacs-Rock n' roll revivalism-great fun,Stigma 90-female punk -hard rock,and both Lost Bodies and Dimosi
firefall
Personal Jesus

Return to Vinylmania!