Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Andy Fletcher, Depeche Mode RIP

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Andy Fletcher, Depeche Mode RIP

Postby oldnewwaver » Thu May 26, 2022 1:12 pm

oldnewwaver
Personal Jesus

Re: Andy Fletcher, Depeche Mode RIP

Postby AJWAVE » Thu May 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Sad News...
First Prog Rock Drum warrior Alan White (YES) and now one of the DM founders

RIP Alan and Andre :cry:
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby q89747 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 am

RIP Fletch and RIP Depeche Mode. I think this is the end of the band.
q89747
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 am

q89747 wrote:RIP Fletch and RIP Depeche Mode. I think this is the end of the band.

Since Alan Wilder left the band it has never been the same and Andy's death is the final nail in the coffin.
it's so sad that he's gone so soon
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Jim2 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:22 pm

Other than Klaus Nomi, and Falco, most of my favorite MAJOR New Wave artists are still with us.
I wasn't into Joy Division when Ian Curtis committed suicide less than two months into my record store job.
Alan Myers and Bob Casale, the two members of Devo that have passed away and Ricky Wilson of the B-52's, were all members of bands I liked and I was saddened by their passing.
Lux Interior of the Cramps was a shock, as well as these three female vocalists Poly Styrene (X-Ray Spex), Kirsty MacColl and Patty Donahue (Waitresses), all unexpected.
Andrew Fletcher was a large presence in my favorite band.
He didn't contribute much to the recordings of the last few Depeche Mode albums, but this was the first major loss of one of my New Wave heroes since Falco.
Depeche Mode's future as a band is uncertain, but I'd like to think Martin and Dave will continue as either a group or separately.
How the passinngs of Dave Gahan, Martin, Gore, Mark Mothersbaugh, Jerry Casale, Thomas Dolby, Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding, Danny Elfman, Stan Ridgway, Claudia Brucken, Morrissey, Paul Heaton, Andrew McKlusky, Paul Humphries, etc... will sadden me in different degrees of grief, they will have all left behind some of the most enjoyable music for us to all enjoy, and to that I am very grateful.
"Things went fine, up until the start of school, the world was still okay." -Nina Hagen
Jim2
Take On Me

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions