Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share (and req): Torch Song

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share (and req): Torch Song

Postby AndySandy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello. Here is the debut album of the American band Torch Song. It is called "Wish Thing". Big name music man William Orbit was a member along with the very talented Laurie Mayer, (and apparently Rico Conning?)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u8axpah9867voi3/Wish_Thing.zip

I quite enjoyed this album. I also have their compilation "Exhibit A", in case anybody would like to hear it.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a good copy of their second album called "Ecstasy" and if anybody has it, I would love to hear it since I quite liked the bits of it I heard on the Exhibit A compilation.

Enjoy.
AndySandy
Take On Me

Re: Share (and req): Torch Song

Postby Sundayguy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Still looking for the 2nd album you asked for, but in the meantime came across another Torch Song album from '95 called Toward the Unknown Region.
Wondering if you're at all familiar with that album, or if that would be one you'd also like to give a listen to?
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby AndySandy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:43 pm

I think that I might have Towards the Unknown Region on CD somewhere, since I vaguely remember buying it when it came out, but it's certainly not in my mp3 library and I'd have to look around to see if I still have it. I have no memory of how it sounded so it might be nice to hear again if I can't find it, and I'm sure somebody else might like to hear it as well.
AndySandy
Take On Me

Postby Sundayguy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Aw shoot. I found the album you Req'd, but for whatever reason can't seem to get it to upload right now.
I keep getting some error, and not sure what's going on there, but I'll keep trying to get it upped for you.
If need be I could probably send you multiple emails, with MP3 attachments, so let me know if you'd want
to try that :wink:
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby AndySandy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:14 pm

If you can't get it to upload I'd be willing to try e-mail.
AndySandy
Take On Me

Postby Sundayguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Hey AndySandy,

Got Mediafire to work today, so here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/?tf8ca72n9qay6hw
Music is kind of weird, but I liked it, glad you req'd it, and hope you enjoy it too
Sundayguy
The Jet Set

Postby AndySandy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Thanks a million, Sundayguy.
AndySandy
Take On Me

Postby roc51 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:26 pm

Is it possible to share the Exhibit A album?

Hoping for these to be remastered and reissued at some point in the future!
roc51
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central