Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 25

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 25

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:58 am

Hi everyone! Seeing how the sharing action goes (very well!), I got the urge to take part (again :D ). Since the Spring I decided to listen to all the collections of unreleased songs that surfaced since mid 2000s on various archival releases and reissues. Well, not all per se, all that I have from "New Wave" (used in the broadest sense imaginable :D ). I already had some immense favourites like "Sampling the blast furnace" by Ceramic Hello - and had the pleasure to discover much more. Maybe not gems like that, but still very good songs that for some reason or other didn't see the light of day. And I gathered quite a few of those! So why keep them to myself?

Of course, a "very good song" is a highly subjective thing. I gathered those that I personally think of highly, maybe some of you have a different idea. Anyway, here goes the first volume (to prolong the series as far as possible I decided to share the songs in a packages of 10 each - like with "Best of Lost Wave", which I'm afraid didn't last beyond the 7th volume as I've ran out of stuff and contacts to get more songs).

Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 1

01. Ceramic Hello [CA] - Sampling the Blast Furnace
02. Eleven Pond [US] - Gold & Green
03. Fiat Lux [UK] - Breaking the Boundary
04. Monuments [IT] - The Seals
05. Land of Giants [CA] - Security Squad
06. Experimental Products [US] - Aviation (1st demo)
07. Turquoise Days [UK] - Hide
08. Ensemble Pittoresque [NL] - A Distant Dance
09. The Games [UK] - Zorro
10. Tres [SE] - Fia

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/r9lglCoZ#QX1QMhks-9zykvcuccL81w

Enjoy!

Next volumes will be posted in this topic on a weekly basis, so keep an eye on it if at all interested :)
Last edited by Passing_Stranger on Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Re: SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s

Postby crichert » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:10 am

Nice share, thank you Passing Stranger! Love the concept!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Gazebo Music » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 am

Passing Stranger, firstly thanks for all your support over the years! Secondly, job well done! It’s nice to see all these more obscure 80s tracks coming to life! Cheers!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby JayLitmus » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Thank you for posting! Curiously, I found myself being more familiar with the "unreleased side" of the 80s rather than the "rare" or even "medium rare" tracks on other compilations. Tres' "Fia" is literally out of this world.
JayLitmus
Running Up That Hill

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:48 pm

Thank you very much for support, guys! So nice to share with like-minded people :D

Jay, I too find myself delving into the "unreleased" side of things more and more. So many interesting, if not always exactly great, stuff! For this project I was specifically seeking out recently-released songs that were labeled "previously unreleased". And yeah, quite a few of them would've made albums by their artists proud!

Tres are really a stand-out - I just love their song "Operator", one of the best synthpop tunes of the decade. And "Break your body down" is very cool too. Pity they didn't make at least one album in their prime! Could've been something.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:48 pm

Thanks Passing Stranger.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby LaidInRuins » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:25 am

Thanks for the share, this is a really interesting little selection. I especially like Hide. I misread it at first and thought it was by Turquoise Days which sound nothing alike!
A good one for a future set may be 'Dancing to Kill' by Almost Alone. That one has always stuck out to me as particularly strong.
LaidInRuins
Take On Me

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:31 am

LaidInRuins wrote:A good one for a future set may be 'Dancing to Kill' by Almost Alone. That one has always stuck out to me as particularly strong.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've never heard it. Care to share (PM)? :)

By the way, I'm trying for the compilations to be more international - though the amount of UK- (and, to certain extent, US-)based stuff is staggering (well, that's understandable). And in time we'll come to the UK/US-only volumes inevitably.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby LaidInRuins » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:35 pm

No problem, will shoot you a link.
LaidInRuins
Take On Me

Re: SHARE: Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 2

Postby Passing_Stranger » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:27 am

Hi guys! New week - new volume :D Cannot understand why MWH chose not to release the title song to their biggest (and best) LP, and also must point out that System 56 are a criminally unnoticed band that should've been much, much bigger. Alphaville's song is a later remix but what a great song it is. Also a pity Das Kabinette's and Aerial FX's songs didn't see the light of day in their time - though I'm not sure they had their chance commercially, with such an overloaded market. Anyway, great to see those released finally, what a fresh listen after all these years!

Unreleased in the 1980s Vol. 2

01. Nine Circles [NL] - Blinded by the Lies
02. Lives of Angels [UK] - Somebody Else
03. Men Without Hats [CA] - Rhythm of Youth
04. System 56 [US] - Next to X
05. Alphaville [DE] - Into the Dark (demo remix)
06. Boxbury Beat [NO] - Thunder and Lightning
07. Telex [BE] - Loops
08. Das Kabinette [UK] - The Evil of His Kiss
09. Lisfrank [IT] - Stay with Me
10. Aerial FX [UK] - Soft Game

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/zklSyaqa#6I3KdHy2vZ5goTJe3lJcqQ

Enjoy!
Last edited by Passing_Stranger on Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby retromusic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:51 am

Many thanks for these, V.
Re: MWH. They're back, with brother Colin as well. New album gets released tomorrow.

https://sonicenvy.com/artists/men-without-hats/
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby multicam » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:25 am

thank you
multicam
Take On Me

Postby Gazebo Music » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:53 pm

Great bands selected here!!! Thank you Passing Stranger!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred80s » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:29 am

Some great Minimal classics.

Thanks, passing_Stranger.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Appreciate the feedback, guys! Minimal Synth is among my favourite subgenres so it'll be generously represented in future volumes :D
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central