Site Announcements
Congratulations to
Bellenger1981

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Dead or Alive

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Dead or Alive

Postby getyourbootson » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:21 pm

Hey there,
Does anyone have any early Dead or Alive? These songs were pre-Sophisticated Boom Boom or around that time and I don't think any have been released on CD.

I'm Falling
Flowers
The Name Game (live)
It's Been Hours Now
Whirlpool
Nowhere To Nowhere
It's Been Hours Now 2
Selfish Side
Give it To Me

If so, my address is: AutumnDescending@aol.com
Thanks!

- allen
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby vamps_2 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:02 pm

Hi I'll check my archives let you know soon
vamps_2
Take On Me

Postby vamps_2 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:42 pm

I found 3 so far i've just send them to you via www.yousendit.com so I will be sending you the other one ok , I send you a remix of stranger it's not the greatest copy but I did send you the original song " Stranger" I also send you "some of that" and " Number 11" hope you get them .
vamps_2
Take On Me

Postby getyourbootson » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:42 pm

Hmmm...
I never received them, or any mail for that matter. I wonder what happened. Anyway, I'd still love to have those songs, any of them! Maybe you could try resending? Thanks! :oD

- allen
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby vamps_2 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:33 pm

sure no problem[:)]
vamps_2
Take On Me

Postby getyourbootson » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:03 am

Wow!
I heard they were Goth/DR when they first started out, but it doesn't add up, because I heard the Song Black Leather as Nightmares in Wax and that was previous to Number 11, and that didn't sound Goth to me really. However, this song Number 11 DOES sound Death Rock! Very much so! I am blown away! I can't believe it! I think that is so cool!

Anyway, thanks so much for that song! If you have any others that I mentioned that you would like to send, that would be great! I think you mentioned The Stranger? If so, that would be awesome! Thanks again!

- allen
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby gilson80boy » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:10 am

I've got a CDR of all their early stuff. The sound is great, it's been professionally remastered. Let me know if you want to do a trade or something. I can get you the song listing as well if you need it.
gilson80boy
Personal Jesus

Postby getyourbootson » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:49 pm

Hey there gilson80boy!
Unfortunately, I'm new to this, so I have very little on MP3 and the same goes for CD. I recently sold my vinyl collection and I'm slowly buying everything I want on CD or burning what I can't find.

Anyway, if you have a song list, that would be great! Send a few through e-mail? Or?....

- allen
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby Grunch » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:40 am

Think early Danse Society sound, that's very similar to the very early (80-82) Dead or Alive material. I too have this on CD, about 15 tracks. With the exception of hearing the voice, you'd never believe it was Dead or Alive. Great sound.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby eurasia72 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:54 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to this too, and really only joined because I've been desperately seeking The Selfish Side by Dead or Alive, and / or any other pre Boom Boom B sides and releases. I had the album many years ago, but it was destroyed by water damage. Don't know what I could "offer" for it... but we can talk... if you have it... cheers!
eurasia72
Running Up That Hill

Postby play dead » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:07 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by getyourbootson[/i]
<br>Wow!
I heard they were Goth/DR when they first started out, but it doesn't add up, because I heard the Song Black Leather as Nightmares in Wax and that was previous to Number 11, and that didn't sound Goth to me really. However, this song Number 11 DOES sound Death Rock! Very much so! I am blown away! I can't believe it! I think that is so cool!

Anyway, thanks so much for that song! If you have any others that I mentioned that you would like to send, that would be great! I think you mentioned The Stranger? If so, that would be awesome! Thanks again!

- allen
[/quote]

Can somebody send me this song getyourbootson is talking about?
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby getyourbootson » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:58 am

I don't have these songs anymore, but I'll see what I can do. If I find them, I'll post them here.
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby Mathman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:23 am

This is an early Pete Burns (from Nightmares on Wax) track from 1980 or so that preceded Dead or Alive. Hope it not too early to be what you are looking for.

To have ambition is my ambition
Mathman
Personal Jesus

Postby matthewedwinmiller » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 pm

Im sending you a .zip file with six of your tracks... hope they are the right versions, I just downloaded these myself and cant speak to their authenticity.

Flowers (BBC Peel Session, Feb '81)
I'm Falling
The Name Game
It's Been Hours Now
Whirlpool
Nowhere To Nowhere

<a href="http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12C6U1HKK2Y5V0KJZDRTMEU04M">http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12C6U1HKK2Y5V0KJZDRTMEU04M</a>
matthewedwinmiller
Switchin' to Glide

Return to Obscure 80s Central