Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

ABC Lexicon Of Love 40th Anniversary Box Set (30 June 2023)

ABC Lexicon Of Love 40th Anniversary Box Set (30 June 2023)

Postby BigManRestless » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:54 am

The new issue of Classic Pop mentions the delayed deluxe box set of The Lexicon Of Love is due out on June 30. No further details yet, but I think Martin Fry has posted on social media that it will include Mantrap.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Re: ABC Lexicon Of Love 40th Anniversary Box Set (30 June 20

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:12 pm

Pushed back to 4 August.

No CD version, just vinyl and blu-ray or a standalone blu-ray (with different content) from Super Deluxe Edition.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby WLR » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:19 am

Really disappointed to see that no Blu-Ray or DVD released of a concert, they have done loads of dates with an orchestra, criminal that one hasn't been released, surely some concerts have been filmed. :evil:
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 am

there was a live concert DVD that i have from the limited
'box inside a box' set from several years ago.

https://www.discogs.com/release/9558641 ... de-The-Box
June 10, 2016
The Lexicon Of Love - Live At Theatre Royal Drury Lane
DVD2-1 Overture
DVD2-2 Show Me
DVD2-3 Poison Arrow
DVD2-4 Many Happy Returns
DVD2-5 Tears Are Not Enough
DVD2-6 Valentine's Day
DVD2-7 The Look Of Love
DVD2-8 Date Stamp
DVD2-9 All Of My Heart
DVD2-10 4 Ever 2 Gether
DVD2-11 The Look Of Love (Part Four)
DVD2-12 The Look Of Love

later
|| | | || | |
ne gative 1
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:33 am

Listening to it now.
apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:44 am

I bought the album on itunes.
Is it my imagination or is there a volume imbalance?
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:45 am

I thought something similar BUT i wondered if we've become so used to "remastering" simply being can we turn it up so everything is in the red area on audacity ("distortion" - to quote Paul McCartney and Rick Rubin before the twats start squealing) so that when someone actually remixes - brings vocals up or down, instruments up or down or changes the emphasis - we are sort of thrown by it. My basic idea when mixing is to make the loudest parts no more than -6b and let the music breathe and let the playback equipment do the work. It's not to everyones taste and similarly turning everything up to full is not to mine.

I liked what had been done overall. I thought the instrumental All of my heart was worth it on it's own.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:06 am

Well in my opinion the volume on the Steve Wilson mixes was too low. Ruined the listening experience. Frankly speaking the original Trevor Horn production was perfect (shouldn't be messed with). There was no need to have a new remix of this album. I wonder if they're already planning new mixes for Dare and Rio next?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:21 pm

eddie wrote:I thought something similar BUT i wondered if we've become so used to "remastering" simply being can we turn it up so everything is in the red area on audacity ("distortion" - to quote Paul McCartney and Rick Rubin before the twats start squealing) so that when someone actually remixes - brings vocals up or down, instruments up or down or changes the emphasis - we are sort of thrown by it. My basic idea when mixing is to make the loudest parts no more than -6b and let the music breathe and let the playback equipment do the work. It's not to everyones taste and similarly turning everything up to full is not to mine.

I liked what had been done overall. I thought the instrumental All of my heart was worth it on it's own.

Except for a slight dip in show me...the whole album is fine. It's not as spectacular as I thought it would be, but you can hear some details that aren't appreciated on the original Mercury cd and the 1997 remaster. However the album in instrumental form is great. I would like itunes to release the instrumental versions of ultravox's "Vienna" and "Rage in Eden" that are not on their anniversary editions.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby WLR » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:58 am

Got my Blu-Ray audio disc yesterday, the Atmos mix is stunning, the instrumental mix is awesome, sounds really fresh and there are parts I picked up on that I hadn't in the original version of the album.

Highly recommended.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:06 pm

I think someone needs to let him at the unreleased Scarlet Party material. As it stands it's possibly the greatest 1980's material which remains officially unreleased. It would be a work of art.
eddie
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations